The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jun 3, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #6,976 of 7,138
  When the time comes, could you kindly share a photo of the storage case with your setup?

Sure thing.
It won't be till end of June or thereabouts as finances are headed for a pr of earings first., cases don't come cheap.but will upload photo when done
L3000.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #6,977 of 7,138
A final update about my situation.
After many frustrating e-mails with Audeze customer service I decided to send a FB message to Sankar Thiagasamudram. I got an answer at 5 o'clock California time, asking for my e-mail address and told me that I will have a solution to my problem by the end of the day. I got a second reply in the afternoon detailing all the parts that have been shipped with fed-ex.
That was on the 4th of June.
Today the parts were delivered to me:

After one month of sitting in the box I have a perfectly straight pair and I can finally listen to music.
I have to say that the customer service was disappointing in every aspect as not only they were not fast, but even when I got an answer it was not a satisfying one.
If I got the quality of service that I got after talking to Sankar it wouldn't be such a frustrating experience.

Some inside details that might concern some of you:

"Regarding the bent yoke, we had a 60 day period where the supplier made a mistake in using a softer material in manufacturing the headphones. Your unit's manufacture date falls within that period. We have since then resolved that matter."
Manufacture date was 6-4-2014. That's April, it's Europe style date. 
tongue.gif

Also a video from Audeze with the Yoke kit replacement instructions.

https://docs.google.com/a/myport.ac.uk/file/d/0B_SN_p6Cdm2NTE9tYnU3MWZON2c/edit

Finally, the proper in case placement also from Audeze:

I hope that was the end of the problems for my pairs and I can finally enjoy them.

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #6,978 of 7,138
"I hope that was the end of the problems for my pairs and I can finally enjoy them."

Well, you might hope so, but are you aware that all LCD-2s come with an inbuilt explosive device and timer, and that, going by the dates you've provided, yours is just about to blow?

No, I didn't think so.

biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #6,980 of 7,138
  I hope that was the end of the problems for my pairs and I can finally enjoy them.

I'm happy to hear your situation was resolved to your satisfaction.

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #6,981 of 7,138
Thank you for your support and guidance.

Now I have two extra rods (they sent a pair for no reason), one headband and two (bent) yokes with rods attached (so two pairs of rods in total) and I doesn't feel right when thinking about throwing them away.
On the other hand these parts are useless now.

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #6,982 of 7,138
  Thank you for your support and guidance.

Now I have two extra rods (they sent a pair for no reason), one headband and two (bent) yokes with rods attached (so two pairs of rods in total) and I doesn't feel right when thinking about throwing them away.
On the other hand these parts are useless now.

I might recommend placing them in the classifieds. There may be someone interested in the parts who feels they can make use of them.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #6,984 of 7,138
  Oh ok, I didn't know about that, I have yet to explore the rest of the forum, I have only been in Audeze threads only!
Thanks for the suggestion.

no problem. I've had great success selling many items, including parts. Good luck!

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #6,985 of 7,138
Not 100% headphone related but still...
Just realized, there are two versions of the rugged case.
The older one is this one:

and the new one is this one:

Looks like the new one is more practical, deeper, wider and has a tray to put the rest of the accessories like the cables, certificate etc.
The old one has no room for anything else than the headphones.
I carry my cables separately something not practical at all.
It should be a fairly new change as my pair with production date 6/2014 came with the old one.
Also the latches (?) are on the side and not on the top.
Any input?
Does it worth the change?

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #6,987 of 7,138
  Hello you savages.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has owned a pair of Audeze's since they released their first lcd 2/3's.

Anybody here owned a pair for 3 plus years?

Owned both LCD-2.1 and 2.2 for 3+ years.  Also have a newer LCD-2F. Why do you ask?

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #6,989 of 7,138
Honestly, Audeze seems really overloaded with customer support because it is taking them forever to get back to me. I think that speaks to the reliability of the product. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #6,990 of 7,138
My LCD2's are at Audeze getting repaired, (right speaker stopped working) and I have to say that customer service up to this point has been solid.

I emailed them in the middle of the night through their support page about my issue and the next day I had a response with a RMA number to send the headphones in. About one week later I sent them another email in the morning and received a response that night answering my question. They told me repairs take 2-3 weeks once they receive the headphones.

Can't complain. Of course I can drive over to their shop in Costa Mesa too. It's only a 20 minute drive for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back