The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #5,177 of 7,138

Gnomeplay

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Posts
237
Likes
26
Location
Sarasota, FL
Quote:
Oh the Lyr. The bass is deeper, tighter and a bit more punchier. However, it took my ears a little while to get the nuances.

Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes. 
 
May 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,178 of 7,138

rated1975

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Posts
108
Likes
12
Quote:
Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes. 


+1 for solid state.
I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance.
 
May 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5,179 of 7,138

Gnomeplay

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Posts
237
Likes
26
Location
Sarasota, FL
Quote:
+1 for solid state.
I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance.

I agree, I nearly get better dynamics out of it while under powering it with my AV receiver.
 
May 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #5,180 of 7,138

apollo11

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Posts
92
Likes
10
Quote:
Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes. 

Question: Have you tried wa6se with your LCD 2. because many have said that it has enough power and it would give the most out of your audeze. just my observation. 
 
May 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #5,181 of 7,138

Gnomeplay

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Posts
237
Likes
26
Location
Sarasota, FL
Quote:
Question: Have you tried wa6se with your LCD 2. because many have said that it has enough power and it would give the most out of your audeze. just my observation. 

I have not had the chance to try the WA6SE. I have no doubts that there are a lot of tube amplifiers that can drive the LCDs with authority, I just know my Lyr didn't do it for me. It could've been purely tube choice on the tube amplifiers I've tried it with as well, I don't know. I just know in the context of the Lyr specifically, I'd rather spend the money I'd had spent on high end tubes and upgrade straight to a solid state model.
 
I have a new amplifier coming in tomorrow though, so we'll see how that goes. It's a hybrid amp as well, in a completely different class though.
 
May 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #5,184 of 7,138

citraian

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Posts
1,031
Likes
96
Soloist and Conductor are made by Burson. And that's a fact.
 
May 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #5,186 of 7,138

citraian

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Posts
1,031
Likes
96
Sorry, couldn't resist either :)
 
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #5,189 of 7,138

Jesterphile

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Posts
364
Likes
11
Touch my headphones and I'll cut you. 
regular_smile .gif

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top