The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #4,534 of 7,138
So I have decided to reward my fellow niteowlers with a picture of what I did to dramatically improve my lcd-2's, and it's not the room fs stand. If you know what I did please be respectful and keep it to yourself for a few days. Thank you.

That just helps with the clamp, right? What about the headband?

Nice stand, btw.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #4,535 of 7,138
Quote:
D7K a mess? Please... just because it doesn't suit your golden ears doesn't make it a mess. It's the most refined basshead can I've heard. Don't know what you're expecting.
rolleyes.gif

Yes imho it is a mess. Ever gone to a show and tell car show where you get 30 seconds to go into a 10k + watt sound system and when the sub's kick in with that wooshy sub-bass drop? That is what the Denon D2/5/7k sound like. A better idea for those that got there's lawton'd, save that $800-1000 for a new headphone itself rather than refining something that can't be refined due to the way it's engineered. Oh yeah I forgot basshead's aren't after hi-fidelity. 
size]

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #4,536 of 7,138
One man's deficiency is another man's preference.  It's great to compare and hear everyone's different opinions here on head-fi, but sometimes we use language that comes across as sneering with derision at headphones that happen to not suit our personal preference.  Which will of course antagonise some folks. I have Denons and Grados - neither of them suit me personally, now that I finally know what does suit me, but I know that there are plenty of people who love those cans.  And good luck to them.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #4,537 of 7,138
Quote:
Yes imho it is a mess. Ever gone to a show and tell car show where you get 30 seconds to go into a 10k + watt sound system and when the sub's kick in with that wooshy sub-bass drop? That is what the Denon D2/5/7k sound like. A better idea for those that got there's lawton'd, save that $800-1000 for a new headphone itself rather than refining something that can't be refined due to the way it's engineered. Oh yeah I forgot basshead's aren't after hi-fidelity. 
size]

Here here! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #4,542 of 7,138
size]

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #4,545 of 7,138
Apples and bananas comparison. The LCD2's are open orthos. The D7k are closed and this seals off any inward air into the housing chamber of the driver itself producing more deeper notes (at least in this case as Denon tuned these to have more bass). If you want a fairer comparison of what a closed ortho can do with bass quantity and quality in a closed form factor, give the Thunderpants a go. Definitely able to satisfy any basshead, able to be tuned by amount of baffle or dynamat dampening and port holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back