The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,006 of 1,921
Quote:
I got my pair through a friend that lives in Japan but there are more than a few guys that got them from CDjapan with good results. I think it depends on how much your willing to spend for shipping but they seem to get them within a week or so. I just know that guys that all have bought them through there all got theirs in a reasonable time.

+1 for CDJapan. I got my pair 3 days after it shipped. It was $74 sent via EMS

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,010 of 1,921
Quote:
I got my pair through a friend that lives in Japan but there are more than a few guys that got them from CDjapan with good results. I think it depends on how much your willing to spend for shipping but they seem to get them within a week or so. I just know that guys that all have bought them through there all got theirs in a reasonable time.

I just ordered a second pair, gold, from cdjapan, and selected EMS shipping, which states 3-6 days delivery.  My first pair in black, I ordered from ebay, ace_of_bicycle2004, EMS had them here in 6 days including the weekend, ordered on friday, got them the following thursday, cdjapan was $20 cheaper than the ebay seller.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #1,011 of 1,921
Gotta warn you Mysterious. You gonna like these so much. You'll realize why AT has all these colors for the single reason to start collecting different colors. Like cute here.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #1,013 of 1,921
Mysterious, send them email info@cdjapan.co.jp . They usually respond within 1x24hr. When I ordered mine they had it in stock but after a day changed to "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks" (maybe thanks to Dsnuts
biggrin.gif
) . Waited for 3 days it had not shipped then I sent them emails asking delivery status. The 6th day after I ordered they send it (even though the website still says that) and 2 days after that I got them via EMS.
happy_face1.gif

Hope that helps.

Wow this thread really moving fast. Great !  OTOH Tinnitus is acting up, I miss them (CKM not tinnitus).

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,014 of 1,921
Quote:
Hahaha
Will definitely try to restrain myself
Also any idea how these compare to the atrio m5s as they are also in the same price range.

I have the MG7s. If you got them and then got yourself a CKM500. I think you would be pissed that you wasted your money. I know I was. Nothing but sub bass..The problem with Atrios is their design. The drivers have much power and can throw out the bass and sound is decent enough but I have no idea who's Idea it was to squeeze all that goodness through a tiny little tube for a nozzle the size of some thin linguine. So you get a flat monitor like sound with amped sub bass because of design. There is a reason that thread is practically dead and everyone is selling them off. Just telling it like it is.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,015 of 1,921
Quote:
Gotta warn you Mysterious. You gonna like these so much. You'll realize why AT has all these colors for the single reason to start collecting different colors. Like cute here.

Got the second pair for my daughter....ain't the color, it's the sound, LOL.  I have tried every tip in my huge selection of tips I purchased over the last year.  I was trying to found the sound that matches my Aurisonics Custom Silicone tips, the Meelic Silicone Double Flange came the closest....but the Aursonic Custom tips blows them all away, huge soundstage, greater separation and clarity.  Burn in now over 200hrs, I ran the new Dr. Chesky Binural Sound Show album that was listed on the Headfi home page.  There are some great tracks there for burn in, Drum Solo, Electric Bass Guitar Scale, Acoustic Bass Scale, Organ Pedal Scale (deep, deep, deep low end), and Back Home in Indiana, put them in a playlist and let it go fairly loud for 40hrs, that stretched the heck our of the diaphram and opened these up more that the previous 150 hours of listening to music.

Can't stress enough how great these sound on my home gears, I reach for these constantly, and I prefer them, for now to full size Audio Technica W1000X Headphones.....just can't believe the soundstage can be this big with IEM's

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,016 of 1,921
Well cute I am eagerly awaiting AT to release the new CKM700s. I don't know if you saw this pic The earphones this comes with is interesting. It looks like a completely new earphone with an open vented design.  Whatever earphones these are. They look premium. 3D sound?

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,017 of 1,921
Being honest here, I got the earphones 3 days ago and I didn't like them at first. The mids were good, but I didn't hear the lushness or even much thickness to the voices. Didn't feel thin, but not so thick as I hoped for, but then again I used them in the car so....that wasn't fair. The highs were interesting and the lows were okay, didn't feel as good as the cks77s in terms of quality or even the ck10s. HOWEVER, hearing it again back home and it is definately better, I hope burn-in will make it more noticable for the mids and lows. The highs sound marvelous, listening to grandmaster flash and he sounds a bit better with the ckm500s than the ckm77s. Build quality is ROCK SOLID man...it is just as good as ckm77s and the red color is so good. So far everything is good, the cable looks really strong too! microphonics are bad unfortunately, and also the instruments in the mid region sound so.......smooth and clean! The mids are not as forward as the ck10s or the cks77s, at least I think the cks77s had the voices up front. Does anyone know a good burn-in technique? I found it from you dsnuts but I lost the page. :/

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,018 of 1,921
Have been playing the ath ckm500 with hisound studio v , mostly classical music with impressive results .
How do the CKM500'S do so many things right !
It seems the studio v pairs well with the ckm500's and the quality of the sound is very hard not to be content with .
This thread has been a pleasing discovery ..
happy_face1.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #1,020 of 1,921
Quote:
Well cute I am eagerly awaiting AT to release the new CKM700s. I don't know if you saw this pic The earphones this comes with is interesting. It looks like a completely new earphone with an open vented design.  Whatever earphones these are. They look premium. 3D sound?

Now there was I just about to write a post...after now having the CKM 500's for a few weeks, and admittedly have been playing the living day lights out of them...these are by far the best headphones I have and tried for sound stage, instrument separation, etc. 

Then we have it confirmed Mr Dsnuts is a secret AT employee, dangling new forbidden fruits in front of us....the Cad!!!

So I can only be sorely tempted to buy these also....once available...any insight into details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back