The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
May 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #646 of 827
You know, it's funny...the bass or lack thereof, was a selling point for me...I hate artificial, over-enhanced bass in any listening environment...I choose my hi-fi components for mainly accuracy and avoid anything with an artificial "hump" in the low frequencies.  That said, these have excellent bass, I find nothing lacking, if the bass is engineered into the recording, then these find it and present it really well. Just my .02

May 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #648 of 827
Quote:
Recently bought sa3000 also for movie listening, but I prefer ad700 due to its more forward, warmer vocal and more open soundscape.

I'll give them a try at a movie although I was just going to put my AD700 up for sale. I did try my AD900X today which is replacing my AD700 and they seemed to do pretty good.

May 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #650 of 827
Actually I prefer 700 signature than 900 series. I find 700 vocal is slightly warmer than 900 and the sound is more open.

The warm part I will agree with however my 900x being more open sounding to me is what makes the 700 expendable. Perhaps it's because I've stuffed the pads for even more distance? Anyway, the added bass is a nice plus but it's the openness that makes them keepers. Now wanting to try the 1000x or even 2000x.

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #654 of 827
I'm curious, how big are the cans of the AD700s? Would they be able to envelop my ears which are 3 inches in height? And can you wear them for a long time without your ears getting warm/ sweaty?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #655 of 827
The cans on the AD700 are huuuge, like rivaling LCD2.  However, they're not really around ear.  They're more-so on ear, but they exert very little pressure and the pads are soft/angled.  It's really comfortable to me.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #656 of 827
Quote:
I'm curious, how big are the cans of the AD700s? Would they be able to envelop my ears which are 3 inches in height? And can you wear them for a long time without your ears getting warm/ sweaty?

Yup. Crazy large and they will definitely cover your whole ear. All of the ADs are like that.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #658 of 827
anyone know if the ad7 is worth getting if I already have ad700? is ad7 better? cus someone seem to suggest they are.

from the same line of thinking that ad900 is considered way better than ad900x by those that DO have long years of hifi experience instead of scrubs on amazon or reddit or youtube, I'd say ad7 is expected to be better than ad700..cus it has wider soundstage and less added bass

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #659 of 827
Quote:

I don't think you will have problems with them comfort wise even if your ears don't fit inside the soft pads and very little clamp force make them very comfortable also the angled drivers help as well so your ears don't come into contact with anything uncomfortable.  As for getting warm sweaty ears these are shouldn't give you a problem at least not more so then other headphones infact there better then most headphone in this regard they let your ears breath about as much you can expect a full size open headphone to.  If your in a hot and humid enviorment they can get hot and a little sweaty compared to nothing on your head but that would be any pair really you need speakers or earbuds/iem if you don't want heat build up even in hot and humid rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back