The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
Jun 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #603 of 827
Just got a pair. First pair of large headphones I can wear for extended periods without my ears getting hot. They sound incredible but I do find the bass just a bit lacking. I'm currently running them DLO from my iphone to my receiver (sherwood rx4105) with the the receivers bass tuned up a couple notches. Would the bass benefit significantly if I modded it? Is it worth doing? Or should I maybe purchase something like an fiio e6. I listen to a variety of music but mostly heavy rock and classic rock. Thanks

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #604 of 827
I haven't owned as many headphones as some people here, but the AD-700s are my favorite, hands down. It's a pity the jack was faulty in my pair. Someday I'll get the 900s!

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #605 of 827
Will be getting my AD700's (first audiophile phones) this thursday. Should I be doing a "burn-in" ? My friend told me to do 24hours of pink noise and 24hours of heavy bass music and that should be fine.  Is this correct, or should I be burning in with some other method? If so, could you guys help provide me with burn-in stuff?

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #609 of 827
I love these headphones except the pads. They're not really circumaural as the velvet rests against my ears. To the more experienced owners, which alternative pads would fit? True circumaural ones that completely surround the ear. Thanks in advance. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #610 of 827
I love these headphones except the pads. They're not really circumaural as the velvet rests against my ears. To the more experienced owners, which alternative pads would fit? True circumaural ones that completely surround the ear. Thanks in advance. 

Theres a mod where you get coaxial cables and stuff it into the pad and then add foam and put your ear inside.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #611 of 827
I bought the pads for the A900 model and these fit perfectly and are true circum-aural. Whether pleather and velour makes a significant difference I doubt, but finally it's comfortable. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #613 of 827
Alright, after picking up a couple other headphones to fill in my critical voids, I feel better about going back to the AD700 and attempting to make it fit right. I have a small head and am having the same problem most people have with these cans which is they don't really create a comfortable seal. I've seen a lot of the mods out there and I really have no want to perform a lot of them due to how intrusive and unclassy they generally are. Rubber bands around the top and bent bands in the shape of a cone head aren't going to cut it for me.

After spending some time with them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to shorten and reshape the two bands on top. I'm thinking I could cut a half inch from both sides and reshape the metal so it's pleasant looking again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where this may have been attempted already or should I just start hacking away at it myself?

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #614 of 827
Alright, after picking up a couple other headphones to fill in my critical voids, I feel better about going back to the AD700 and attempting to make it fit right. I have a small head and am having the same problem most people have with these cans which is they don't really create a comfortable seal. I've seen a lot of the mods out there and I really have no want to perform a lot of them due to how intrusive and unclassy they generally are. Rubber bands around the top and bent bands in the shape of a cone head aren't going to cut it for me.

After spending some time with them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to shorten and reshape the two bands on top. I'm thinking I could cut a half inch from both sides and reshape the metal so it's pleasant looking again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where this may have been attempted already or should I just start hacking away at it myself?

Screw it. I'm trying it and none of you are gonna stop me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back