The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 827

lucky

1000+ Head-Fier
I searched and didn't find one, so figured I'd start one. Does anyone else really enjoy these phones? I never thought I'd find a better bargain than my HD555 for the $100 mark, but these are at least the equals.

So...any AD700 fans out there? :O)

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 827
Ah yes, my gateway drug.
smily_headphones1.gif

To me its a headphone that can compete with cans 2x to 4x the price and hold its own admirably. The soundstage in particular is breathtaking, the comfort is second to none, and there wasnt a genre that sounded bad with those.

Maybe a bit bass light, but it was easily EQable for me. Easy to run, was flawless even through the old Realtek onboard I used to use. If you can get a pair, its totally worth it. They just may surprise you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 827
Great headphones, and as noted, a gateway into the high-end world. And even after upgrading to a higher-end can, I still find myself listening to them from time to time. The soundstage, midrange . . . the music I listen to sounds great on the AD700. The fact that they can produce good quality sounds without being amped is a huge plus.

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 827
This thread died rather quick.

I love my headphones, pretty much are good for everything, i havent turned on my Z-5500's for 2 weeks (since i got my AD700's) XD, Bass is great in certain songs, sometimes lacking in others, plays electronic well, with great detail, Rock is awesome, though some songs suck x.x (maybe its me) and new world/orchestra/vocal heavy songs, sound FANTASTIC.

i need to get a stand for these babies...

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #8 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread died rather quick.

I love my headphones, pretty much are good for everything, i havent turned on my Z-5500's for 2 weeks (since i got my AD700's) XD, Bass is great in certain songs, sometimes lacking in others, plays electronic well, with great detail, Rock is awesome, though some songs suck x.x (maybe its me) and new world/orchestra/vocal heavy songs, sound FANTASTIC.

i need to get a stand for these babies...

haha, stand the box up and put them on top.
or you could take out the plastic holder on the inside, and lean it on a wall, then just put them in there.

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, stand the box up and put them on top.
or you could take out the plastic holder on the inside, and lean it on a wall, then just put them in there.

my table isnt against a wall xD, darn, and look at those stands at ebay, my god 200$ for a wooden stand? id settle for steel anyday.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my table isnt against a wall xD, darn, and look at those stands at ebay, my god 200$ for a wooden stand? id settle for steel anyday.

haha, yeah, you could even make one out of coat hangars.

but if you wanted a wooden one, you could probably ask any kid to make you one in shop class for $10.
then you'd just have to stain and varnish it yourself.
heck, I'm in shop class...

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 827
okay, so I just spent about 10 minutes and made my own stand.
it looks terrible, (well, I made it out of random pieces of wood I found in my basement. I wouldn't expect it to look good. ) but it works.
and I was even lucky enough to find a piece of scrap wood that was painted with glow in the dark paint. in the dark, it lights my headphones in an awesome way.

here's a pic-
3370213407_b2d7bf6a3b.jpg

sorry it's a bit dark, but you can kind of see it.
and my ad700s.

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fantastic value for money headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

I got a pair as well that I use for gaming. Sweet for classical type of stuff.

you have DT880 right? which one do you like better?
I have the AD700 too great headphones price is a PLUS

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 827
Quote:

haha, yeah, you could even make one out of coat hangars.

but if you wanted a wooden one, you could probably ask any kid to make you one in shop class for $10.
then you'd just have to stain and varnish it yourself.
heck, I'm in shop class...

Whats your offer?

lol.

Quote:

okay, so I just spent about 10 minutes and made my own stand.
it looks terrible, (well, I made it out of random pieces of wood I found in my basement. I wouldn't expect it to look good. ) but it works.
and I was even lucky enough to find a piece of scrap wood that was painted with glow in the dark paint. in the dark, it lights my headphones in an awesome way.

here's a pic-
3370213407_b2d7bf6a3b.jpg

sorry it's a bit dark, but you can kind of see it.
and my ad700s.

Hmm, i dont need one that BIG XD i only have an AD700 *** lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back