The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 9, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #9,076 of 9,131
Looks i am lucky that I sourced a completely new, factory-sealed AK240 from one of my friends in Asia. Hope I could get it shipped to US in 1 month.
I‘ve bought and sold 2 AK240 during 2014 to 2016, but I still miss its engaging mids. One of a kind in all the A&K flagship players.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #9,080 of 9,131
Anybody needs an aftermarket AK240 battery? I have one and paid around $30 from Ali almost 6 months ago and took delivery this past Saturday; yeah, 6 months ago. Any hoot, I sold my AK240 and I forgot about the replacement battery. Only charging $5 to cover CONUS shipping. PM me if interested and only shipping CONUS. Sorry, I won't be able to help if the battery is a dud or has issues. It does come with a small bag of tools to open AK240.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #9,081 of 9,131
Just out of interest has anybody had success after changing to an after market battery? I've changed the original battery twice. First Ali battery would not fully charge and the second one fitted lasts about 4 hours after being fully charged. I've opted for and ordered a different make to see if I could be third time lucky. I was hoping to get at least 6 or 7 hours use after full charge.

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #9,082 of 9,131
That blows. I'm just going to recycle the battery. It'll save the hassle, disappointment, and a temporary rage session. It seems the only good battery is OEM.

Good luck with the third battery. Hopefully it's a charm or the final kicker to avoid all after market batteries for the AK240.

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #9,084 of 9,131
Hi, I just have bought an used AK240ss, Im happy with sound quality but I have a question about battery. I have tested with FLAC files, balanced output 2.5mm and volume 75 (75/150 - 50%) with wifi off, bluetooth off. After 2 hours playing, it drained 34% battery. So is battery condition is still in good? And I found some third-party battery on aliexpress, on this link https://bit.ly/2O42IHA. Have anyone tried this battery? Thanks :D

Feb 4, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #9,085 of 9,131
Hi, I just have bought an used AK240ss, Im happy with sound quality but I have a question about battery. I have tested with FLAC files, balanced output 2.5mm and volume 75 (75/150 - 50%) with wifi off, bluetooth off. After 2 hours playing, it drained 34% battery. So is battery condition is still in good? And I found some third-party battery on aliexpress, on this link https://bit.ly/2O42IHA. Have anyone tried this battery? Thanks :D
After 3 attempts at using an after market battery I've come to the conclusion approx 4 hrs is as good as it gets. I would love to be proved wrong. My setting at very similar to yours, flack files no internet no bluetooth and volume at approx 80 using balanced output. I had similar issues when changing my DX100 battery. Sorry.

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #9,086 of 9,131
After 3 attempts at using an after market battery I've come to the conclusion approx 4 hrs is as good as it gets. I would love to be proved wrong. My setting at very similar to yours, flack files no internet no bluetooth and volume at approx 80 using balanced output. I had similar issues when changing my DX100 battery. Sorry.
Did you try the battery in my link above?

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #9,087 of 9,131
Yes, it was the last one I fitted. I think you should still give it a go. I might just be unlucky and the cost is reasonable.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #9,088 of 9,131
Yes, it was the last one I fitted. I think you should still give it a go. I might just be unlucky and the cost is reasonable.
Before you repacling battery, how long did the original battery stand? Will you keep trying another battery or use the HSABAT?

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #9,089 of 9,131
Before you repacling battery, how long did the original battery stand? Will you keep trying another battery or use the HSABAT?
About 2 hours. I bought the 240 secondhand so have no idea of it age. No I don't think I'll try again, at present it's used on my weekly exercise walks (past running) three to four times a week. As long as it manages to last the week I can live with it. I have a number of other daps including AJ120 and
DX90 with changeable battery.

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #9,090 of 9,131
About 2 hours. I bought the 240 secondhand so have no idea of it age. No I don't think I'll try again, at present it's used on my weekly exercise walks (past running) three to four times a week. As long as it manages to last the week I can live with it. I have a number of other daps including AJ120 and
DX90 with changeable battery.
I bought the 240 secondhand also, lucky me the battery is still about 5hrs and I will charge my dap carefully to keep the condition. I have 1 more question: is there anyway to stream spotify on my phone to AK240 via AKconnect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back