The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 21, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #9,063 of 9,131
does anyone know how to connect the note 10 plus with the ak240 and use the ak240 as a dac?
Get a USB C OTG cable and connect to your phone. Attach the supplied USB charging cable with the AK240 to the other end of the USB C OTG.
On initial connection, device will appear as a mass storage device on your phone.
On the AK240, change MTP mode to DAC mode.

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #9,065 of 9,131
Please help,
My AK240 cannot open, its is now stuck in black screen and AK logo, I tried to reset few times> it closes, then is stuck again.
Please help!

You could try to get in touch with...
1601435675382.png

and let us know thereafter...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #9,067 of 9,131
Thanks a lot. Follow your advice, I sent msg to him and am waiting for his response.

The normal procedure was:
  1. make a contact with an AK rep. several mails will follow re; your device history, including sending them image capture of the laser cut serial number. After all comms ok, then step 2
  2. normally you have to send your device to the local AK dealer
  3. they will send the device to Korea
  4. AK RM will fix it
  5. AK Korea will return your device to local dealer
  6. local dealer will notify you
I had my 240 fixed, Dead device. the 12 second power button press fix was no longer working...

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #9,068 of 9,131
Hi.
Anybody who has changed their battery found that it will not then fully charge? Mine will now only charge to 48% no matter how long I leave it on charge. Tried full factory reset to no avail. I would normally put this down to the new battery having issues but I'm sure I've read this has happened to a few people. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #9,070 of 9,131
Nov 15, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #9,071 of 9,131
Hi all - are there many on this thread who have experience in trying to fix a 240 themselves, i.e. not sending to iRiver ?

I bought one to fix (cost £120 or so) as a gamble purchase. It doesn't turn on, I have now changed the battery hoping it was just that... Are there any tricks or advice people have that might help for my next step? Or any links to blogs/youtube videos?

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #9,072 of 9,131
Hi all - are there many on this thread who have experience in trying to fix a 240 themselves, i.e. not sending to iRiver ?

I bought one to fix (cost £120 or so) as a gamble purchase. It doesn't turn on, I have now changed the battery hoping it was just that... Are there any tricks or advice people have that might help for my next step? Or any links to blogs/youtube videos?

Thanks!
I am hoping someone will reply / diyed their 240 from this issue as well.
when mine did the very same thing, just died, the 12 second hold the power button didn't work / refuse to power on, I sent to to AK Korea.
Almost a year before returning back to me...

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #9,073 of 9,131

Thanks!

Great news for you! They're opening up shop in the UK next month.
HK Modders
Might as well upgrade the battery to a larger one...

Nov 16, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #9,075 of 9,131
That's great! I wonder where they will be based..

You could watch out for any updates from their FB page : R.Audio
I got 2 projects for them as well (my AK & ibasso amp mod), but maybe by next year, still raising funds. They're quite popular actually, in the modding business...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back