The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 22, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #8,956 of 9,131
This adapter is for specific headphones that use a 3.5mm balanced, 4-pole connector on the end. The listing talks about some Hifiman headphones.

This is NOT for using headphones with microphone.... you can't use it with some cheap heaphones, unless there are some cheap headphones on the market that have a balanced connection? I doubt it.

If you use it for the right application, I don't see why it would break anything/?

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #8,957 of 9,131
This adapter is for specific headphones that use a 3.5mm balanced, 4-pole connector on the end. The listing talks about some Hifiman headphones.

This is NOT for using headphones with microphone.... you can't use it with some cheap heaphones, unless there are some cheap headphones on the market that have a balanced connection? I doubt it.

If you use it for the right application, I don't see why it would break anything/?
ah for 3.5mm balanced ?? it should be okay then XD i though it was 3.5se at first XD,

well 3.5mm bal is kinda rare at my place that i i forgot bout that even exist

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #8,958 of 9,131
[QUOTE = "LuckyNat, post: 15077587, membro: 426347"] Questo adattatore è per cuffie specifiche che utilizzano un connettore a 4 poli bilanciato da 3,5 mm all'estremità. La lista parla di alcune cuffie Hifiman.

Questo NON è per l'uso di cuffie con microfono .... non puoi usarlo con alcuni telefoni economici, a meno che non ci siano delle cuffie economiche sul mercato che hanno una connessione bilanciata? Ne dubito.

Se lo usi per la giusta applicazione, non vedo perché si rompa qualcosa /? [/ QUOTE]

Yes perfect and balanced for 3.5 with balanced 2.5, I have already used it for my iem with other devices and it works regularly, I just wanted to know if with the astell Kern 240 there could be problems Thanks for the answers

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #8,960 of 9,131
It's usb charged, all depends on the usb charger you use. Most are rated 110/230 volts. I'd check with the chargers manufacturer or website.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #8,962 of 9,131
The AK240 needs 5v via a USB connection and the smallest current USB provides is about 0.5A.

0.5A x 5V = 2.5 watts It will charge fine with 2.5 watts of power. All USB sockets provide that, all chargers provide that. Doesn't matter which country or whether 110v or 230v....

I hope that has answered the question and avoided any confusion.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #8,963 of 9,131
The AK240 needs 5v via a USB connection and the smallest current USB provides is about 0.5A.

0.5A x 5V = 2.5 watts It will charge fine with 2.5 watts of power. All USB sockets provide that, all chargers provide that. Doesn't matter which country or whether 110v or 230v....

I hope that has answered the question and avoided any confusion.

Thanks so much !

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #8,964 of 9,131
test it with some cheap cans first.... i i think there is a big chance of it breaking your cans

coz ,well using 2.5female to 3.5mm male adapter is considered normal, but dunno the reverse

According to a local very respected Modder / DIYer & HP IEM Cable builder, 3.5 female to 2.5 Male will damage the IEM via shorting the line. He had 1st hand experiences a long time ago...

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #8,965 of 9,131
According to a local very respected Modder / DIYer & HP IEM Cable builder, 3.5 female to 2.5 Male will damage the IEM via shorting the line. He had 1st hand experiences a long time ago...

Dita ships their answer truth balanced with said adapter. It’s an iem. Been using it without issues.

Could the problem you mentioned be due to inexpensive or poorly designed adapter implementations?

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #8,966 of 9,131
Dita ships their answer truth balanced with said adapter. It’s an iem. Been using it without issues.

Could the problem you mentioned be due to inexpensive or poorly designed adapter implementations?

upload_2019-8-14_15-4-28.png
upload_2019-8-14_15-9-58.png

The image is a Hypershort Adapter, 2.5 BAL to 3.5 SE; Oyaide Male plug [Red rings], Palladium Gold plated plug,Solid core jumpers inside. I bought this from the person I mentioned.
Dita should have a different build that will avoid shorting the negative lines & keeping them separate.
The Dita plug should prove expensive to build for a DIYer such as him...

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #8,967 of 9,131

The image is a Hypershort Adapter, 2.5 BAL to 3.5 SE; Oyaide Male plug [Red rings], Palladium Gold plated plug,Solid core jumpers inside. I bought this from the person I mentioned.
Dita should have a different build that will avoid shorting the negative lines & keeping them separate.

USD. 95., for me a bit steep, but i'm thinking of reliability & long term use. I reside in the desert & getting things such as this, scarce...

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #8,968 of 9,131

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

USD. 95., for me a bit steep, but i'm thinking of reliability & long term use. I reside in the desert & getting things such as this, scarce...

I can attest that Dita makes a very solid product. Great build quality. I’ll snap some real life pics. I can’t say if it is worth $95, but It won’t damage your headphones. I use it with my Clears and Elegia as well. I’ve had it for going on 4 years without issue.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #8,969 of 9,131
Why would someone want 3.5 female SE to 2.5 male BAL? To make a second single-ended output to listen with friends?

I can of course understand why someone would want 3.5 Bal -> 2.5 Bal, but not balanced to single ended.. when it already has a 3.5 SEoutput.

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #8,970 of 9,131
Why would someone want 3.5 female SE to 2.5 male BAL? To make a second single-ended output to listen with friends?

I can of course understand why someone would want 3.5 Bal -> 2.5 Bal, but not balanced to single ended.. when it already has a 3.5 SEoutput.

I have a nice corpse cable made from cardas wire. It’s terminated 2.5mm balanced for my ak240. Instead of swapping cables on my Focals when I need 3.5 se, I just use the adapter. The corpse cable is not nearly as stiff as the stock focal cable. I don’t feel like spending another $200 for another headphone cable. I had the adapter already. Other than that, I don’t know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back