The Astell & Kern AK240
Dec 8, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #7,996 of 9,131
Dear all,

I am currently thinking about RedWine-modding my AK 240. I have recently learnt from Vinnie's homepage that enabled Wifi causes serious issues. As I am using Wifi quite frequently I wonder how serious these issues are.

1. There is an antenna inside the AK player for transmitting WIFI data when WIFI is set to "ON" in the menu settings.   After the modification, we highly recommend that you turn WIFI "OFF," as there is a greater chance that you will pick up high-frequency WIFI noise when you have WIFI turned "ON" (especailly with sensitive IEM's).  Use WIFI for firmware updates, but turn it OFF when playing music with sensitive IEMs to avoid noise pick-up and to maximize battery play time
  2. UNQUOTE

It would be great if anyone of you guys could help on that topic. BTW: Is the difference between the AK 240 and the RW AK 240 really that great? 

Thank you guys!

Best

Marco

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #7,997 of 9,131

I guess the shutdown due to excessive heat produced should not be an expected feature by design
bigsmile_face.gif

I've seen lots of comments concerning their unit getting hot but not shutting down.  I think my unit is faulty. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #7,998 of 9,131
My unit gets warm when playing DSD albums but never hot. When playing non-DSD the unit doesn't even get warm.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #8,004 of 9,131
  Ok, disregarding :)

New to massdrop.

Well you should get with AK to clarify, as Massdrop works directly with the manufacturer for their group buys, so the discounted AKs are not necessary out of warranty.  However, I can't be sure about this.  One thing for sure, if it is a 3rd party selling at discount on their own, then they are 100% voiding their reseller agreement with AK, thus you will unlikely to receive warranty for it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #8,006 of 9,131
Massdrop responding to the warranty question;

"All products purchased on Massdrop come with a 1-year warranty, unless otherwise noted. The terms of the warranty are the same as the manufacturer's and begins from the date the product is delivered to you. For any malfunctions or defects, please contact us and we will coordinate the exchange or repair with the manufacturer on your behalf.

If you submit a warranty claim within the first 2 weeks of receiving the product, we will pay for the cost of return shipping. For any warranty claims made after 2 weeks of receiving the product, you are responsible for shipping costs."

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #8,008 of 9,131
i asked about the warranty on the massdrop thread...

pretty confused now as to who's speaking the truth as the email I got from an AK rep explicitly says they would not provide support or warranty for AK's bought from Massdrop

want to pull the trigger on this but i'm not sure if it's safe to do so :/

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #8,009 of 9,131

pretty confused now as to who's speaking the truth as the email I got from an AK rep explicitly says they would not provide support or warranty for AK's bought from Massdrop

Then don't, as I will trust the AK rep more in this case.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #8,010 of 9,131

Why are you confused? The person is an employee for the company you want to buy from tells you, no warranty IN WRITTING. You may get a warranty but the warranty from Massdrop but AK is not, knowingly doing a repair.

That being said my AK's are working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back