The Astell & Kern AK240
Nov 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #7,982 of 9,131
  I like IE800 so much that I got the balanced one

And you haven't tried Dita's "The Answer" balanced for AK240? From what I've read they are quite similar, but the Dita is more analytical.

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #7,983 of 9,131

And you haven't tried Dita's "The Answer" balanced for AK240? From what I've read they are quite similar, but the Dita is more analytical.

I have been wanting to try it but not yet unfortunately, couldn't find it here. I believe it should be available now though, will try it out sometime since I'm also interested in DITA myself.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7,985 of 9,131
Is the output impedance of the 2.5mm/3.5mm jack decreased with the RWA mod as well?

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #7,986 of 9,131
Hi hope your all well. My astell & kerns balanced port seems to be damaged. Note have to pretty much hold the connected in for the left ear piece to work have also tried a different cable but the issue still remains.

Unit is also outside of the warranty period. Does anyone know any places I can get this repaired in the UK and what kind of cost I'm looking at

Thanks in advance

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #7,987 of 9,131
Hi hope your all well. My astell & kerns balanced port seems to be damaged. Note have to pretty much hold the connected in for the left ear piece to work have also tried a different cable but the issue still remains.

Unit is also outside of the warranty period. Does anyone know any places I can get this repaired in the UK and what kind of cost I'm looking at

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry for your troubles. If you end up needing to have it shipped, you can always send it to Vinnie at Red Wine Audio and have the mod done while it's there.

Did you buy your 240 second hand?

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #7,990 of 9,131
Hi thanks for the reply. What does the mod entail and how much would it cost to get done together with fixing the port

Thanks

Where are you based

Here's the link to the info about the mod. I know Vinnie repairs 240's as well based on reports from others here. The end result is a definite improvement in sound, along the same lines of the improvement the 240SS has over the stock 240. You can email him about the cost of repair.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #7,994 of 9,131
  AK240 is shutting down after a few hours of playing DSD files.  I'm guessing from overheating.  Anybody ever experience this?

I think you're right on the cause. I don't own enough DSD files to play for hours, but I do know my unit gets real hot playing them. Good to know the 240 shuts down to protect itself.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #7,995 of 9,131

I think you're right on the cause. I don't own enough DSD files to play for hours, but I do know my unit gets real hot playing them. Good to know the 240 shuts down to protect itself.

I guess the shutdown due to excessive heat produced should not be an expected feature by design
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back