The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #5,461 of 9,131
Be careful when buying Crystal Cable & Siltech online. They are probably the 2 most 'faked' cable brands online.

Forget the reference diamond! I want to see Crystal Cable come out with Dreamline Plus mini to minis.
I had to go through far too much trouble in order to get my Dreamline Plus mini to minis.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #5,464 of 9,131
3,000 HKD for Picollo Diamond? IMHO it's more practical to get Platinum Eclipse 7 for 2,850 RMB

http://www.gzhifi.com/hm/goods.php?id=258
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36127718121
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37797373634

That's the cable I got for my NT-6 Pro! It's currently being re-terminated but I should have it in a month or two.
I was about to get the Duchess Crown, but apparently it's not as clear and impactful as the Platinum Eclipse 7.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #5,465 of 9,131
Hello folks (especially those who are now living in Japan)

Have you guys tried to headphone conditioner?

http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11838722842.html

Google translates doesnt help........

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #5,466 of 9,131
Apologies for asking a question that has almost certainly been asked and answered in this thread already, but as I don't fancy wading through all these pages to find it and as a search has brought up zilch, I will ask away... When I resume playback (using either the play/pause button on the side or pressing play on the screen) after switching the unit back on, it starts from the beginning of the song again rather than from where I switched the unit off. Given that most of what I listen to is prog rock and jazz, you can imagine how annoying it is to have to scan through a 20-odd minute song and try and remember where I left off.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #5,468 of 9,131
Hi everybody.

I can't use the device as a DAC. I activate the DAC function, but the device doesn't repond. I work on MAC (27" 1st gen, USB2), no windows computer available to test.
It is supposed to work by simply activating the DAC in OSX System Preferences, but it doesn't appear anywhere.
File transfer works flawlessly, so it seems there are no communication problems between the 2 devices.
Anybody has an idea? Any known driver to install?

Thx!

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #5,469 of 9,131
  Hi everybody.

I can't use the device as a DAC. I activate the DAC function, but the device doesn't repond. I work on MAC (27" 1st gen, USB2), no windows computer available to test.
It is supposed to work by simply activating the DAC in OSX System Preferences, but it doesn't appear anywhere.
File transfer works flawlessly, so it seems there are no communication problems between the 2 devices.

Thx!

Also check the Audio Midi Setup application in the utility folder. Sometimes the default AK240 sampling rate isn't supported by the Mac.  

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #5,472 of 9,131
  Hi everybody.

Thx!

When you say the device doesn't respond, are you saying that when you switch from MTP to DAC, the 240 stays in MTP mode? If the 240 doesn't switch to DAC mode, then you wouldn't see it as an available device in Audio Midi Setup. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #5,474 of 9,131
I can transfert music on the device. He stay in MTP mode. But when I switch in DAC mode, I cant see them in the préférence panes and in the midi setup.

If a restart doesn't fix it, the only other thing you might want to try is a Settings Reset (Settings > Default Settings > Settings Reset ). You won't lose anything but you will have to re input your network settings. Other than that I dunno. Good Luck.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #5,475 of 9,131
It works! I tried the SMC reste, le vram reste and I restored a new Time the settings from the DAP. But it works just with the first two USB port. I don't Know what was the key of my problem but now it's ok. Thank you everybody for your Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back