The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 17, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #2,420 of 9,131

I have made this adapter today. =)
now, I have to wire cable for fullly balanced output.
next time, I'll try.. =)

Clever clogs 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #2,424 of 9,131

Just FYI anyone interested in the dock/cradle for the AK240 it is available for order now and is due next week in the UK.

How much please?

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #2,426 of 9,131
So last night I tried to connect my AK-240 to my iPhone 5s, tried 5-6 times to connect to it's wifi, no luck, anybody else having this issue?
Also in the setting menu, when I click on EQ, it only selects Pro, and add new. In the demo I watched, you could preset to Rock,Pop etc,etc. I have the latest firmware update.

On the EQ, perhaps someone made custom settings for rock, pop, jazz, etc. and that is what you saw. You can make your own custom settings and label them as you like.

I have had no problem connecting my 240 to wifi, although I've only connected to my home network. I haven't tried creating a hot spot on my iPhone.

I keep wifi and bluetooth turned off on my 240 to extend my battery life. Same thing with the EQ.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,428 of 9,131

£199 and the model is AKS02

Thank you. Sounds like it's going to be $300 in the US. If you buy one, your impressions would be greatly appreciated ... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #2,429 of 9,131
By the way, I know the owner of Red Wine Audio purchased a 240 and I'm looking forward to his thoughts. I wonder if he would consider making an external power supply in a case that would match the 240 that would provide a stiff DC output. I believe that such a product would help the 240 in terms of micro and macro dynamics, bass slam, and liquidity in the mids. I know I could always buy some beefed up generic supply, but I want something to match the 240 so when it is connected to my main hifi rig it looks nice.

I find after 100 hours of burn-in the sound is warming up a bit, but the presentation of the 240 is more forward in the upper mids than the 120 and certainly than the 100. There is a very fine grain texture in the mids as well and I'm hoping more burn-in will result in greater liquidity.

I should mention that my observations are based on listening to the 240 through my main home system. The Focal speakers I have use beryllium  tweeters which are highly resolving.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #2,430 of 9,131
On the EQ, perhaps someone made custom settings for rock, pop, jazz, etc. and that is what you saw. You can make your own custom settings and label them as you like.

I have had no problem connecting my 240 to wifi, although I've only connected to my home network. I haven't tried creating a hot spot on my iPhone.

I keep wifi and bluetooth turned off on my 240 to extend my battery life. Same thing with the EQ.

My home wifi connected just fine, it's the hotspot on my iPhone I can't connect to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back