The Astell & Kern AK120
Jun 22, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #6,558 of 7,071
Hi there

I have a number of AIFF files. Some were bought. Some were ripped by dbPwoeramp. Album arts are shown in iTune and in AK100II normally. However when I load these files to AK120, album arts are not shown. Artist name is shown correctly. (Flac files are okay.) Album arts are JPG, 500x500. I also tried to edit Tags and reload album arts with KIDs and dbPoweramp, but it didn't help.

I searched this thread and realized that mine is not a new issue but I feel a bit surprised that there is no clear solution so far.

Please suggest

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #6,559 of 7,071
Hi there

I have a number of AIFF files. Some were bought. Some were ripped by dbPwoeramp. Album arts are shown in iTune and in AK100II normally. However when I load these files to AK120, album arts are not shown. Artist name is shown correctly. (Flac files are okay.) Album arts are JPG, 500x500. I also tried to edit Tags and reload album arts with KIDs and dbPoweramp, but it didn't help.

I searched this thread and realized that mine is not a new issue but I feel a bit surprised that there is no clear solution so far.

Please suggest

Try using mp3tag. I never had any problems.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #6,560 of 7,071
  Nice they are still supporting this product. I tried the firmware out but still prefer 1.32 by far for sound. Love my S-mod :)

Now that I've got a twag V3 cable for 13s again, I'm using 1.37 but I haven't gone through them all again. Was using 1.3 with the stock cable. I like that we can do this. All are informative but I can choose FWs from too warm to too lean out of the lot. 

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #6,562 of 7,071
Are the shure se425 good to use with the ak100ii? It was recomened on astell&kern website on a chart, but, I'm leaning towards the klipsch X11 possibly, which is better? I mainly listen to rock and indie Rock

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #6,563 of 7,071
Now that I've got a twag V3 cable for 13s again, I'm using 1.37 but I haven't gone through them all again. Was using 1.3 with the stock cable. I like that we can do this. All are informative but I can choose FWs from too warm to too lean out of the lot. 

Same. Not sure but I see this change in sound as night and day. I cannot see how no one could not
notice this change. However I am refering to a modded Ak120. The S mod with upgraded LO.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #6,564 of 7,071
Sure but the FWs will sound different in any version and the stock model is easily informative enough to clearly notice. I do recommend a reset after install and then another reboot for those that try.

I keep being tempted by the Mezzo HiFi mod but I'd really like to hear it 1st.

Anyone in the Chicago area got a Mezzo HiFi ak100 or ak120 with it?

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #6,565 of 7,071
Goodvibes, If you get a chance you must try the glove. Sure it's a little more bulky but not by much and the sound quality is beautiful! Also, the amp has plenty of power, enough even to drive my LCD2's with ease and my ETY ER4S's which are very hard to drive well.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #6,567 of 7,071
I understand that, one could not slip it into a pocket!

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #6,568 of 7,071
Sure but the FWs will sound different in any version and the stock model is easily informative enough to clearly notice. I do recommend a reset after install and then another reboot for those that try.

I keep being tempted by the Mezzo HiFi mod but I'd really like to hear it 1st.

Anyone in the Chicago area got a Mezzo HiFi ak100 or ak120 with it?

Not in the chicago area but heard it. I like it a lot and for me it was significant but according to my dealer battery life will suck. Head over to the mezzo thread some that actually own one may be able to do a better compare. It's been months since i last heard it so can't help.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #6,569 of 7,071

Same. Not sure but I see this change in sound as night and day. I cannot see how no one could not
notice this change. However I am refering to a modded Ak120. The S mod with upgraded LO.

I'm back to 1.3 now that the cable is nearly run in.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,570 of 7,071
Biggest thing for me with this new firmware is that at long last if one wants to listen again to the track one has just listened to this player now behaves like it should and that is one press of the back button takes one back to the beginning of the track rather than how is used to be which was two pushes and even then it was not assured!

I hear no sound difference between this version and the previous though,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back