The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users
Oct 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #62 of 69
Is it the same MacBook that You have used before?

Thanks for your reply, AlterSack - appreciated.

Yah, same one.
It turned out to be the iRiver cable that I was using to connect the AK to the Mac. I had been using it for charging from a separate USB brick into the wall with no problems. But for some reason the MB wouldn't see the AK until I switched the cable.

Then when I dragged the FW hex file into the root, and did the library scan, the AK hasn't found (or is choosing to ignore, for reasons that remain mysterious), the new FW. I remembered to charge it up fully, just in case batt was <50%, but that hadn't made any difference. So the FW is on the device, just not installed.

My 120 has had the the Mezzo Soprano mod, so must ask the Music Sanctuary guys if the mod negates FW upgrades......

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #63 of 69
Yeah, the cables are sometimes a bit treacherous.

On the hex file - You should not do a scan after copying the hex file (I guess You will need to unzip the download before) into the root but turn the AK off and then turn it on again. When all works normal the update starts by itself.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #64 of 69
Yeah I tried that as well. It still doesn't want to install.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #66 of 69
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #67 of 69
Just wondering if anyone got the DAC function to work on the new macbooks. When I plug mine in the computer recognizes the AK120 and everything but there's no sound coming from the AK120. There's all this talk about the AK120 only accepting usb 2.0 for that function, just wondering if anyone has found a wait to do it. 

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #68 of 69
Does anyone know if it's possible to move music out of a folder into another folder using the Android File Transfer app? I have successfully used this app to move music (.aiff, .flac) onto the device, but it doesn't seem capable of moving the music once it's in a folder.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #69 of 69
Does anyone know if it's possible to move music out of a folder into another folder using the Android File Transfer app? I have successfully used this app to move music (.aiff, .flac) onto the device, but it doesn't seem capable of moving the music once it's in a folder.

I’m not sure. I’ve moved a file from a folder on the AK into my computer, then back to the AK. Which might mean no can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back