The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by visceriouszero, Feb 8, 2014.
  1. muziq
    "Improved operational stability" plus something having to do with the AK Ripper. The latter means nothing to me, but am interested also in what the update could affect. I'm wondering whether this might be the last or one of the last updates to this system. Has anyone heard how much longer AK plans to support the 240?

2. baldric555
    Seems like end the end of playing a folder (and probably playlists and tracks too), it automatically loops back to track 1 regardless of the loop setting, which is annoying.

3. burtomr
    Mine does not go back to track 1, just stops after the last track in the folder has played....just like previous FW.

4. muziq
    No changes to sound quality or anything else?

5. baldric555
    From the main menu, if I go to "Folder", then navigate to my album of choice, scroll down the track list and notice how many tracks there are, and then select "Play All", when I then go to the playlist button (top right), there is now another "empty" track appended to the list and its when it hits this that it automatically loops back to track 1. I never noticed this behaviour on previous firmwares.
    Can anyone else confirm that this happens to them too?

6. JimmyPlant
    Hi,
    I wondered if you could help me with my newly acquired AK240 - it won't play any DSD,DFF or DSF files that I put on it but works otherwise perfectly (it's second hand) and I wondered if I'm doing something wrong
    Many thanks

Craig

7. Vicks7
    All, where can I get a cable to connect my AK240 to a Woo GES amp? I think a mini to RCA cable. Would the cable run from the balanced or single ended out of the AK240?
    Thanks
    James

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017