The army game is out!!!!
Jul 4, 2002 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
YAHOO!

www.fileplanet.com

The game the army has been developing, is OUT!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thank you! Just before I leave on vacation!

Jul 4, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 27
Ack, only 201 megs and all i have is a 56k modem...i should be able to finish downloading by the end of the year ...Have you tried playing the game yet? how are the graphics, effects, sound quality?

Jul 4, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Ack, only 201 megs and all i have is a 56k modem...i should be able to finish downloading by the end of the year ..

I feel your pain.
frown.gif
I still have 56k too. If you want the game it comes with some of the pc game magazines free. That is what I will have to do.

Jul 4, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 27
Graphics? Incredible care of the new unreal engine.

I just qualified as a sharpshooter with the m16. Unfortuatly, I can't go any further, since the servers go online 12 AM pacific. You need to get a logon to go further in training, etc.

I can't wait till I get back from vacation in a week and a half!

Jul 4, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 27
I've been iffy on this game...but im going to download it...

i dunno...it seems like a lot of brainwashing and propaganda by the US army....training kids the basics of the army...but im biased since im a peaceful canadian..
biggrin.gif

edit: OMG....i just signed up for fileplanet as i have never felt the need before...now i just found out how much this site SUCKS...i have to wait 85 minutes to download
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #6 of 27
No time, must play warcraft 3... :p

Biggie.

Jul 4, 2002 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

I just qualified as a sharpshooter with the m16. Unfortuatly, I can't go any further, since the servers go online 12 AM pacific. You need to get a logon to go further in training, etc.

eek.gif

Dude ,you barely qualified !
If you were a member of my rifle squad your ass would be on the range 'till you either died or improved to expert
biggrin.gif

Either would be acceptable

SGT.Rickmongo

Jul 4, 2002 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 27
One of the level designers came by Headwize looking for some headphones (thread here). Talked him into a pair of HD280s.
biggrin.gif
Might be worth checking out to see how good the headphone sound is, maybe my suggestion did some good.

(HBZ)

Jul 4, 2002 at 12:11 PM Post #10 of 27
Wont someone with a good upload speed Pleeeeease set up an ftp with the game?? Otherwise i wont get till im home from vacation...

Jul 4, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 27
some more links to download it:

those you don't need to create an account(atleast I don't think so).

Nvidia

3d gamers < for those who use broadband click on the Utah link its alot faster.

got the links from anandtech

to bad i won't be playing it soon. I'm stuck on a 56k modem with a 28k connection to the internet (due to horrible quailty phone lines). well... GL to those who take the hours to download it.

Edited: for spelling

Jul 4, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 27
I tried dowloading the whole file last night. It failed at about 50%, after 5 hours. I tried again smaller chunks this morning... I got some but it has been a pain. All from Nvidia.

But then, I'm totally engrossed in Morrowind, and Warcraft 3 and Neverwinter Nights are sitting on my shelf already. And I should be doing other non-game stuff too (yeah, right). And UT2003 will be out. This whole year has been crazy for games, I don't know what came onto all those developers. Last year was rather lame. I haven't played games for long periods (months at end) then.

Jul 5, 2002 at 3:23 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein

i dunno...it seems like a lot of brainwashing and propaganda by the US army....training kids the basics of the army...but im biased since im a peaceful canadian..
biggrin.gif

HAH! I say we nuke Canada!!
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

HAH! I say we nuke Canada!!

That's easy for you to say - sitting way out there and not having to worry about fallout. The rest of us 'Mericans would be in a world of hurt with the next low to sink in from Canada. Of course, this time of year, it would bring some much needed cool weather...Hummmmm.
eek.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by squirt
Ack, only 201 megs and all i have is a 56k modem...i should be able to finish downloading by the end of the year ...Have you tried playing the game yet? how are the graphics, effects, sound quality?

I just started and I should be done in about 8 mins.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back