The anytime album
Oct 23, 2002 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jeff Guidry

Headphoneus Supremus
Is their a special jewel in your collection that you can listen to anytime? No matter what your mood, what time of day or what you've eaten, this album fits perfectly.

That record for me is 10,000 Maniacs Our Time In Eden.....there's never a bad time for it.

Oct 23, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 14
hmm, can't really think of something. got my stuff arranged to match any mood I know I can get
smily_headphones1.gif

but theres a couple that can just put me in the right mood for the CD, like Marillion - Seasons End or Porcupine Tree - Recordings.

Oct 23, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 14
Pearl Jam - VS.

The emotion and power in Eddie's voice couple with some great playing by Mr. Mike Mcready make for one great album. The only 2 dissapointing things have to be the lyrics for Glorified G and Rats. Rearviewmirror may be the best song I've ever heard...

I would also list 10 if they remaster it to get rid of some of the reverb on Eddies voice..

Biggie.

Oct 23, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 14
I keep most of these anytime albums stocked on my laptop computer. they come out whenever i'm in the library or something and need to type up a fatty paper or lab report.

le tigre - le tigre

the grace period - dynasty

flanger - midnight sound

bruce springsteen - born in the usa

dave brubeck - time out

the buena vista social club

Oct 24, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #12 of 14
Jennifer Warnes -- Famous Blue Raincoat All covers of Leonard Cohen songs

Eric Clapton -- Blues A 2 CD compilation where they picked from his career. One CD is Live performances the other studio work.

Nov 3, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #13 of 14
Slowdive - Just for a Day -- guaranteed to lower my heart-rate and blood pressure.

Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi -- I don't know, just always puts me through the same ride. It's like...there was this one time I was at King's Dominion (a theme park), and I spent the entire day just riding one roller coaster. It's like that.

Split Enz - True Colours -- pretty much guaranteed to put me in a good mood.

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #14 of 14
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue Bought this little gem in January and have already listened to it many times more than any other CD I've ever owned! I'm already on my second CD-R copy, so it's a good thing I have the forseight to never touch my original copies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back