The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Dec 25, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,686 of 2,897
Apparently the ‘Acoustically Treated Wood Panels’ add an indefinable organic quality to the TP’s musical reproduction. As even though these are just cosmetic external components made of cellulose that (theoretically) have no impact whatsoever on unit sonics, a combination of owner fanaticism, guru worship (all hail the creator) and blind ignorance have coalesced to befuddle the ordinarily rational audiophile.

Suggesting that wooden end panels subjectively alter the TP’s sound, is akin to my wife asserting that I’m more virile wearing wooden underpants!

Perspective is everything. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all.

Being a Dutch guy I can testify that we wear wooden shoes not because they are comfortable, but because our virility improves dramatically because of it. :wink:

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,689 of 2,897
It looks beautiful anyhow. Thing is tera players are expensive but in the long run you can save money. You only needs porta pros rather than thousands of pounds worth of iems

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,690 of 2,897
It looks beautiful anyhow. Thing is tera players are expensive but in the long run you can save money. You only needs porta pros rather than thousands of pounds worth of iems
They are expensive agree but they also last a very long time. Even the most "advanced " and high end portable music players will still slow down in time. Once you get used not having a screen you just focus on listening to the music, and all that's matter.
If I ever go again to visit Germany I will make sure to meet up with Charles and thank him personally for making such unique player.

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #2,691 of 2,897
Did you guys get anything nice for Christmas?:L3000:
I got the Tera-Player woody 2020 and the first model Boardy All Black kick scooter.

Attachments

• 1576970013__3__original.jpg
    1576970013__3__original.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #2,692 of 2,897
I bought myself a tera, tralucent ref1 and modded porta pros. Got bought a Levi denim shirt, some dvds and various other stuff

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #2,694 of 2,897
Sounds a great idea musicday. Hope your enjoying Christmas

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2,695 of 2,897
This is incredible. I was used to the Tera-Player before, but now with the special wood treated panels the sound has mproved dramatically on all fronts.
I am listening to some Arabic slow music with lots of instruments and the instrument separation and percussions are very precise.The background is pitch back, is like watching a movie if that makes sense.
I am totally inside the music, I am part of it. Is beyond 2 channels stereo I was used to before.
The clarity and details are impressive as well, and this is listening " only " with Koss Porta Pro modified.
And if you are wondering all genres work great from hip hop, jazz, blues, classical everything.
For me the wood panels are not a gimmick and for many copper or stainless steel make a difference big or small in sound reproduction.

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #2,696 of 2,897
This is incredible. I was used to the Tera-Player before, but now with the special wood treated panels the sound has mproved dramatically on all fronts.
I am listening to some Arabic slow music with lots of instruments and the instrument separation and percussions are very precise.The background is pitch back, is like watching a movie if that makes sense.
I am totally inside the music, I am part of it. Is beyond 2 channels stereo I was used to before.
The clarity and details are impressive as well, and this is listening " only " with Koss Porta Pro modified.
And if you are wondering all genres work great from hip hop, jazz, blues, classical everything.
For me the wood panels are not a gimmick and for many copper or stainless steel make a difference big or small in sound reproduction.
Lol, you've made my jealous now. Looks like I'll be saving for a long while though!

Dec 28, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #2,698 of 2,897
I think it will be worth it, but I am sure you know that already.:smile_phones:
Happy New Year !!!
It certainly will be worth it. I see everyone is on the M15 forum now. Thing is there will be a M15 pro in a few months. It's non stop upgrades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back