The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Oct 31, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #2,597 of 2,897
I need to buy a drill as sadly I don't have one

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2,598 of 2,897
My only complain will be that the Tera-Player cannot read 256,512 GB SDXC. I would love to have more music on a single card, but then again I know a very good supplier that has the 64 GB SanDisk blue for only £8.99 with free shipping.
That's the price of 2 cups of coffee :)
Yeah. SD CARDS are cheap these days. I have a few in a small camera case although I find that I use one 128GB card filled with my favourite albums on random shuffle most of the time.

Loving the TP with Mr Speakers Aeon Closed. It's my go-to portable set up (non tidal anyway).

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #2,599 of 2,897
Yeah. SD CARDS are cheap these days. I have a few in a small camera case although I find that I use one 128GB card filled with my favourite albums on random shuffle most of the time.

Loving the TP with Mr Speakers Aeon Closed. It's my go-to portable set up (non tidal anyway).
Is the Tera-Player powerful enough to drive Aeon Closed properly? I am wondering if the new Aeon Closed 2 willbe a even better match.

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #2,600 of 2,897
Is the Tera-Player powerful enough to drive Aeon Closed properly? I am wondering if the new Aeon Closed 2 willbe a even better match.
Many do enjoy listening to soft music on a low volume.

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #2,602 of 2,897
Nov 16, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #2,603 of 2,897
There's a new woody tera player. Look at Charles web site

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2,605 of 2,897
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2,607 of 2,897
They look nice. Need to make some wooden porta pros too!

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #2,608 of 2,897
$3896 USD is a hard pill to swallow

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #2,609 of 2,897
Really?!?

Charles is asking for over 3000 Euros for essentially the same device that I purchased from him years ago (as an early adopter) for 500 Euros. Whilst I enjoyed listening to my TP it became readily apparent that it’s appeal is partly predicated on ameliorating the high and low sound wave peaks. As the Tera Player smooths over transients to manufacture a pleasingly ‘mellow’ sound which owners erroneously label as ‘organic’ instead of sonically muted.

The Tera Player is a robust and quirky device beloved by owners and justifiably lauded for it’s mellifluous sound. But... it’s price has become disgustingly expensive and in no way commensurate with the production process. As the first batch of Tera Players sold for around 1000 Euros - excluding the early adopters.

Altmann is blatantly profiteering charging over 3000 Euros for essentially the same DAP that he sold for 998 Euros a few years ago.

Please use your intelligence folks and do not blindly order a Tera Player without listening to one, then compare the sonics to a contemporary DAP and/or smartphone with Audioquest Cobalt.

I’ve owned an early Tera Player and many highend DAPs, they’ve all had their sonic strengths & weaknesses, but you won’t hear sonic realism listening to the TP. As it sanitises musical reproduction and portrays a fake soundscape.

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #2,610 of 2,897
Really?!?

Charles is asking for over 3000 Euros for essentially the same device that I purchased from him years ago (as an early adopter) for 500 Euros. Whilst I enjoyed listening to my TP it became readily apparent that it’s appeal is partly predicated on ameliorating the high and low sound wave peaks. As the Tera Player smooths over transients to manufacture a pleasingly ‘mellow’ sound which owners erroneously label as ‘organic’ instead of sonically muted.

The Tera Player is a robust and quirky device beloved by owners and justifiably lauded for it’s mellifluous sound. But... it’s price has become disgustingly expensive and in no way commensurate with the production process. As the first batch of Tera Players sold for around 1000 Euros - excluding the early adopters.

Altmann is blatantly profiteering charging over 3000 Euros for essentially the same DAP that he sold for 998 Euros a few years ago.

Please use your intelligence folks and do not blindly order a Tera Player without listening to one, then compare the sonics to a contemporary DAP and/or smartphone with Audioquest Cobalt.

I’ve owned an early Tera Player and many highend DAPs, they’ve all had their sonic strengths & weaknesses, but you won’t hear sonic realism listening to the TP. As it sanitises musical reproduction and portrays a fake soundscape.
Yeah , I paid 500 then now its crazy expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back