The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #226 of 726
Quote:
Ordered mine January 24 ... still no amp, no communication from the company.  I am about to dispute the credit card charge ;-(

Try PM'ing them on here. Sometimes spam filters nuke legit emails or an ISP ends up on a spam blacklist or the like. Every company gets one or two customers out of every few hundred where this comes up.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #227 of 726
Quote:
Ordered mine January 24 ... still no amp, no communication from the company.  I am about to dispute the credit card charge ;-(

Sorry to insinuate but there has to be more to this story.  Every e-mail I've sent to Woo Audio has been answered apparently by Jack himself though that's beside the point.  I still got a response within 24-48 hours.

I also had an accurate shipping estimate and my WA6SE will be here Friday.

Either you're sending to the wrong e-mail or some thing else is afoot. 

Or you just have bad luck?  But yeah, that is definitely unusual from my experience with WA.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #228 of 726
Quote:

Email them.  I ordered mine beg of Feb, still not here.  I emailed, Jack got back to me about a day later, and mine is about 10 days out now.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #231 of 726
Ordered mine from CanadaComputers.com Mar 8 and receieved my unit in Canada Mar 20... no delay whatsoever.. and for $850!

Apparently it was an error because they shortly updated the price to $999. But no duties and free shipping anyway.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #232 of 726
Preliminary thoughts: amazing volume pot. Control is 100% on for low Ω portable headphones such as ES7, ESW11LTD, ES7, DT1350, etc. Big surprise: black background with earphones. Not expecting that at all as very very few desktop/full size rigs that aren't using battery power have such quiet backgrounds. Very big thumbs up to Woo Audio. 

Because the amp is solid and heavy, plugging in/hot swapping cables/headphones is easy. The amp will never rock or slide on a desk. Amazingly solid. Not sure what to think about the glass top. Have only listened to it for a week or so so don't feel ready to properly comment on sound. Overall build, however, is very good. Not excellent: RCA jack wobble on the back is a bit meh, but I could put up with it. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #234 of 726

just in case no one answered - I just recently got mine - and was wondering that also - I do like the sound using the tubes in the circuit so I just used the 3.5 mm output jack on the front to go to my preamp and I like that sound over the rca outs on the back which bypasses the tube circuit(s).  The Volume knob will of course be active.

Loren

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #235 of 726
Great news! We have made anti-slip glass protection pads for the WA7 Fireflies. It is made by silicone rubber and self-adhesive. The pads will help the glass to sit on the amp without sliding easily. Effective April 12th, 2013, all units will include a set of 4 pads. Existing customers will get a complimentary set too! We will mail them out shortly.

Thank you for your continued supports,
Jack

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #236 of 726
On the WA7 silver version, is the lettering on the lower-left corner in white as in the picture below from stereophile.com? From other pictures, I though the lettering was simply etched into the body. I honestly don't like look of the white letters.

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #237 of 726
Quote:
On the WA7 silver version, is the lettering on the lower-left corner in white as in the picture below from stereophile.com? From other pictures, I though the lettering was simply etched into the body. I honestly don't like look of the white letters.

Mine has white letters just like this picture (although the lettering does not show as well in real life as it does in this picture in my opinion).

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #238 of 726
The picture from wooaudio.com's website led me to believe that the letters were simply etched into the metal (as shown below). I wonder if they can provide that option instead of white lettering.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #239 of 726
Those anti-slip glass protection pads will end my daily bout of adjusting the glass so that it is always straightened with the amplifier! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back