The all new Continental Dual Mono
Mar 13, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #2,537 of 2,704
Here's a question to anybody using the ALO CDM to listen to native DSD(64).
The developer of UAPP is trying to get native DSD working from within UAPP but is running into issues. Has anybody got native DSD(64) working on the CDM on any hardware? If so, what hardware/software/drivers were you using? I would be seriously grateful for any help in this matter. Pretty please??????

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #2,538 of 2,704
Here's a question to anybody using the ALO CDM to listen to native DSD(64).
The developer of UAPP is trying to get native DSD working from within UAPP but is running into issues. Has anybody got native DSD(64) working on the CDM on any hardware? If so, what hardware/software/drivers were you using? I would be seriously grateful for any help in this matter. Pretty please??Reply
Please disregard this post. The developer now has what he needs.

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #2,539 of 2,704
Well, first of all it just no possible for CDM to play DSD natively as Wolfson audio chip simply has no such a capability.
In the time when I had CDM, I was trying to work with UAPP and Neutron support - to make CDM work with DSD in DoP mode. UAPP support quickly quit from the further investigation, but Neutron developer put great afford trying to make it work in DoP mode. We spent a lot of time with testing different apk version with new fixes and solutions, but in the end he gave up as the best thing what we achieved was sound with some background noise. The volume level of the noise various from version to version and in a best case developer achieved, still was far from usable.
So good luck to you, but I think that the progress with CDM and DSD will not go further then what we have now, playing DSD files in DSD to PCM mode with conversion to PCM, another words.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #2,540 of 2,704
Well, first of all it just no possible for CDM to play DSD natively as Wolfson audio chip simply has no such a capability.
In the time when I had CDM, I was trying to work with UAPP and Neutron support - to make CDM work with DSD in DoP mode. UAPP support quickly quit from the further investigation, but Neutron developer put great afford trying to make it work in DoP mode. We spent a lot of time with testing different apk version with new fixes and solutions, but in the end he gave up as the best thing what we achieved was sound with some background noise. The volume level of the noise various from version to version and in a best case developer achieved, still was far from usable.
So good luck to you, but I think that the progress with CDM and DSD will not go further then what we have now, playing DSD files in DSD to PCM mode with conversion to PCM, another words.
Perhaps you ought to read the data sheet for the Wolfson DAC in CDM. It does have the capability to decode a DSD64 stream. And as to UAP - Oh ye of little faith:

IMG_20210315_180900.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back