The all new Continental Dual Mono
May 11, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2,611 of 2,704
Removing that internal cover may also lead to those components failing sooner. Since the CDM has been discontinued for some time, just keep in mind that if anything fails on the board, you might not be able to get it fixed. Generally if something has been soldered on, it isn't meant to be removed.
I would also not recommend anyone to do the same. For one reason or another, this thing is there. Any changes in the responsibility of the person doing this.

But still. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the CDM Limited Edition, which has a perforated shell without a window, does not have this cover. Obviously, it has a slightly different thermoregulation. And yet, it is the same device. And it works good without a cover.

May 13, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #2,613 of 2,704
IMG_20220513_135217_987.jpg

Some tube madness.
Sonotone 6111, Sylvania 6021 Gold Brand, Valvo 6021 White Brand, Philips 6021.

May 14, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #2,615 of 2,704
It looks like that. Need to cut out one of the pin from the tube and solder top pin to psb instead.
ok, based on the picture, (square hole on PCB) connects to the pin 9 (top pin), pin 1 of tube is cut, the rest follows in order pin 2 goes to hole 2 (next to the square hole) and so on and so forth until pin 8. can you confirm?

you like the sound?

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #2,616 of 2,704
ok, based on the picture, (square hole on PCB) connects to the pin 9 (top pin), pin 1 of tube is cut, the rest follows in order pin 2 goes to hole 2 (next to the square hole) and so on and so forth until pin 8. can you confirm?

you like the sound?
Yes, you are correct. I can describe the sound - the tubes are good for relaxed sessions, highs a little bit recessed. Any way all details are there, you can enjoy music without any harsh and sibilants by hours. But not my choice, solded.

May 21, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #2,617 of 2,704
Yes, you are correct. I can describe the sound - the tubes are good for relaxed sessions, highs a little bit recessed. Any way all details are there, you can enjoy music without any harsh and sibilants by hours. But not my choice, solded.

thank you. this helps, will skip it :)

i’ve always liked the sonotones for the clarity and have a few tubes incoming. so let’s see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back