1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The all new Continental Dual Mono

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by kb, Mar 26, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last
  1. kukkurovaca
    Just to make sure:

• Is the plug fully seated?
    • Make sure you've got the aux in port and not the line out from the DAC
    • Check player volume
    • Try another cable
    • Turn up the CDM's volume (volume from line in is lower than volume from the DAC, usually)
    If you have a balanced cable and source, you could also try that to see if the 2.5mm input works.

2. tracyca
    Replaced my tubes with some sylvania 6021 yellow label and they are a powerful dynamic pairing with the CDM with my ie800s & iPad setup.

3. tracyca
    Tubes, tubes, and more tubes! Today enjoying the big bottle 6BF7 tubes from ALO Audio. A truly great tube!

4. vlach
    Can you tell us in which ways it is a truly great tube? Comparisons are welcome too.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. tracyca
    What tubes are you using?

6. vlach
    Actually i would prefer if you answered my question, maybe i can pose it in a different way; how is it a truly great tube and in comparison to which other tube(s)? It would be nice if you could back up your statement just a little bit by elaborating on your impressions. Thank you.

7. tracyca
    That's just it my impressions, I didn't think I was intitled to answer to you. If you don't agree about my impressions that's your choice. The CDM I truly still exited about. I never stated I was a tube reviewer? Good day and enjoy the music.

8. vlach
    I didn't say i don't agree with your impressions - not sure where you got that. I'm asking what your impressions are because you didn't offer any. Just saying something is truly great without a frame of reference is pretty much useless. Why is it so difficult to share and describe in what way you feel it is truly great? Is it truly great in terms of tonality? Or soundstage? Maybe bass extension? Perhaps increased resolution?
    Of course you can refuse to offer your impressions if that's your choice and you're correct in saying i am not entitled to anything (i'm only asking but will certainky not beg you), it's just that it would be very usefull if you did, especially given you seem to have extensive experience with tube rolling.
    Again, thanking you in advance for any description of 'how' it is a truly great tube you can provide, that is if you are capable and willing to do so. Please?

9. kissmevn
    Ị'm having a trade deal from my Hugo to analo cdm. Do you guys think it's worth it?
    My main hp is Noble k10

10. kissmevn
    Anyone :frowning2: ?

11. jmzeitouni
    It’s a tough question.

On one side, I don’t think the CDM’s DAC is as « « advanced » as the Hugo (I rarely use the dac side of mine), on the amp side however, it’s a totally different beast. If you like its sound signature (which I love on the analog side!!!), it’s really musical.

It really depends what is most important for you. I often use both together, taking advantage of the hugo’s Line out feature into the CDM amp side. It’s wonderful.

What is your source ?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  12. kissmevn
    Hmmm, not found a source yet since I traded my Hugo for the alo cdm. Maybe I'll use the line out function of my Lg V30 for now.
    I do like the sweet musical sound of ALO Cdm, the hugo is quite revealing on bad recordings. The Alo CDM is more forgiving.

Btw, do you know how soon will ALO announce ALO CDM v2? I'm afraid the v1 could become obsolete soon

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  13. seedubchris
    Ak 320/380 series have a superb line out that is also a balanced line out which is the best way to feed the CDM. Better s/n and a lot louder . There are very few daps the have a good balanced line out . Ak is the best I have heard . Absolutely killer feeding CDM.

14. jmzeitouni
    I agree, and will add that after having a balanced cable made from 4.4 to 2.5, i now can also feed the cdm with the sweet sound of the WM1Z, alternating from ak240 to 1Z I’m experiencing truly wonderful wonderful musical sounds.

15. Bosk
    Just a heads up if anyone's interested that I'm selling my CDM with tubes & accessories in the classifieds.

First

Back
140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last