The all new Continental Dual Mono
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #2,206 of 2,704
a question to all CDM users. I don't have the original charger anymore so bought a generic one on Amazon (12v, 2A).
Using the CDM while charging I hear some background noise like hearbeat sound which is even louder on high gain mode. I guess this is abnormal, do you confirm?
And how long it takes to full charge the battery?
I think I'm going to return the charger and buy a new one from Alo directly, the issue is I'm in EU...

If you are using a 12V DC power supply disconnect ASAP!

CDM uses a 12.6V li-ion charger and NOT a 12V DC power supply. This means the circuitry that controls the charge level of the CDM battery is inside the charger. All Il-ion chargers have a visual charge status indicator. On the CDM charger you will see a led light that is red when charging and green when complete.

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #2,208 of 2,704
If you are using a 12V DC power supply disconnect ASAP!

CDM uses a 12.6V li-ion charger and NOT a 12V DC power supply. This means the circuitry that controls the charge level of the CDM battery is inside the charger. All Il-ion chargers have a visual charge status indicator. On the CDM charger you will see a led light that is red when charging and green when complete.

I don't get a noise like that when charging. If I'm plugged into noisy power, I'll get a hum or whine sometimes.

I would definitely get an official CDM charger.

Thank you, I take your advice seriously, just ordered a new one from Alo. Cheers

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #2,210 of 2,704
Telefunken
20180401_223311.jpg
in the house!

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #2,216 of 2,704
I love my CDM and think it's my end game for IEM, I have the Mr Speakers aeon flow closed and they do not sound good on the CDM.

Really depends on the DAC you feed the CDM with.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #2,218 of 2,704
If the ether flo is any thing like the Audeze lcd series i'm not surprised they don't sound that good powered by the CDM. The cdm does a very poor job of powering bigger "current hungry" phones while conversely doing an amazing job powering IEM's . Not exactly sure why but I suspect it is due to the amp designer targeting more portable head gear maybe with the assumption that the bigger more power hungry cans would probably be powered by desktop amps .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back