The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale.
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #166 of 187
HI All,

We have updated the Rx amp on our new website. So the new enclosure is improved and we hope people will like it as much as we do. Again all billet CNC, tighter tolerances, all markings are CNC engraved into the case. Comes in Gold or Black now. The amp is 100% the same as before so nothing internally has changes.

Please check out the updated Rx amp here

https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/rx/

FYI our website is currently under construction, sorry for the disruption. We are adding everything back to the website but it might take a few days until we get everything back on. 

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #167 of 187
can i ask is the soundstage as wide as the alo mk B

and how is the bass on is it close to the alo mk3 B with bass turned to full on alo mk3 B

i wish i can find the same amp with the same exact same bass boost but for iems llike the alo mk3 B,

I love the alo mk3B so so much but it hisses like a monster with my empire ears zeus r iem

wish Ken can make a new amp with the same bass boost for iems

please Ken is that is something u can do as special order I would like to order one

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #170 of 187
Hi as there is not much info on the mark 2 how does this compare , I am noticing a definate passion within the alo brand and am intruiged 
The mk 2 says to improve bass but it is an old product I am running an ak jnr would the chip set be better in the ak?

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #171 of 187
please @KB introduce the amazing bass boost knob you had on any future amps as I am totally surprised why you abandoned that amazing bass boost know you had on alo mk3B, its a trade mark why abandon it from your new line of products

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #173 of 187
please @KB introduce the amazing bass boost knob you had on any future amps as I am totally surprised why you abandoned that amazing bass boost know you had on alo mk3B, its a trade mark why abandon it from your new line of products

I think Ken had said something about this already. If memory serves me correctly it was something about people being able to use the EQ settings in their players if they wanted the bass boost. If that's wrong Ken then please let us know! Cheers

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #174 of 187

I think Ken had said something about this already. If memory serves me correctly it was something about people being able to use the EQ settings in their players if they wanted the bass boost. If that's wrong Ken then please let us know! Cheers

believe me that bass knob in alo mk3 is way better than eq, as its a bass tuner and works simply great, why they dumped it just baffles me

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #175 of 187
How do I connect the RX to my iPhone 5s and avoid double amping?

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #176 of 187
How do I connect the RX to my iPhone 5s and avoid double amping?

I forgot what those were but you can probably buy usb/dacs for cheap then add the rx. Got to admit though, the Rx is invaluable because it will pair up with most daps regardless of their level.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #177 of 187
I forgot what those were but you can probably buy usb/dacs for cheap then add the rx. Got to admit though, the Rx is invaluable because it will pair up with most daps regardless of their level.

I am thoroughly impressed with it.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #178 of 187
Does anybody know how to connect an iphone 5s to the Rx without double amping.  I tried using a lightning to usb connection to it but that doesn't work and I don't know how to line out from the iphone 5s.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #179 of 187
Does anybody know how to connect an iphone 5s to the Rx without double amping.  I tried using a lightning to usb connection to it but that doesn't work and I don't know how to line out from the iphone 5s.

Any idevice with a lightning connector (an exclusively digital output) can't output an analogue signal, unlike the old 30 pin connection from idevices. The Rx amp is analogue only and can't input a digital signal (like you tried with USB). What you want is not possible for a direct connection from the 5S to the Rx without double amping.

You could use an external DAC, but then you might as well get a DAP and use its line out to the Rx instead.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #180 of 187
Any idevice with a lightning connector (an exclusively digital output) can't output an analogue signal, unlike the old 30 pin connection from idevices. The Rx amp is analogue only and can't input a digital signal (like you tried with USB). What you want is not possible for a direct connection from the 5S to the Rx without double amping.

You could use an external DAC, but then you might as well get a DAP and use its line out to the Rx instead.

That was my concern.  I have a FiiO x3ii, which works swimmingly with the Rx (Really Beautiful, wasn't expecting the Rx to do what it does), but I was wondering in case of situations where I only would have my iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back