The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Mar 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,906 of 4,580
Mar 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,907 of 4,580
I've had my K7XX for a couple of months now and I really enjoy the very wide soundstage and the spacing of the instruments....like the sound is coming from outside the headphone cups.
In looking for something I'd like even more than the K7XX, the logical choice seems to be the AKG K812.  
Anyone heard any headphones that do what I want.?  I think I'd describe what I want as the very wide soundstage of the K7XX with possibly more detail and even greater clarity/fluidity.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,909 of 4,580

Jeez! last in first out i guess. Unless you were from the last drop and not the one that ended on March 5/6th?

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,911 of 4,580
This is what happens when you buy from a group discount site. If you want good communication and fast delivery, pay amazon $450 for the k712. Otherwise, stop complaining so the rest of us can enjoy this steal of a deal in peace and harmony:p

I have been dealing with LH Labs for awhile now. When I first bought from Massdrop I actually marveled at how well they communicate.
I guess everything is relative. Anyway, I know that when you are waiting for something... in a world of the expectation of instant gratification... it can be tough.
Shipping out 1000 sets of headphones is a non-trivial task.

I am pretty sure that you will get your headphones soon. If not, contact them.

Far from being an apologist for Massdrop... I am just trying to be realistic.

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,912 of 4,580
Did anyone from the most recent drop get a tracking number and/or receive their pair yet?

Nope, still waiting for mine to ship.

I received mine last week

What number were you?

Jeez! last in first out i guess. Unless you were from the last drop and not the one that ended on March 5/6th?

Didn't the most recent drop JUST end? Highly doubt anyone has gotten theirs, yet. Dude clearly had to have been talking about the second drop. Patience, people!

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,913 of 4,580
Didn't the most recent drop JUST end? Highly doubt anyone has gotten theirs, yet. Dude clearly had to have been talking about the second drop. Patience, people!

Someone on the mass drop page got theirs, although they said they live close to NJ so it was only one day in shipping.

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #1,914 of 4,580
SO all this time I was thinking the "bass port mod" was just removing that foam crap from the out cap, didn't know there was actually a sticker covering a hole inside. Removed them and it sounds a lot less boomy.

I'm curious why they'd even put a sticker over it.

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,915 of 4,580
  SO all this time I was thinking the "bass port mod" was just removing that foam crap from the out cap, didn't know there was actually a sticker covering a hole inside. Removed them and it sounds a lot less boomy.

I'm curious why they'd even put a sticker over it.

lol I removed them and I would say boomy is the what they become to each his own I guess.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,918 of 4,580
  I've had my K7XX for a couple of months now and I really enjoy the very wide soundstage and the spacing of the instruments....like the sound is coming from outside the headphone cups.
In looking for something I'd like even more than the K7XX, the logical choice seems to be the AKG K812.  
Anyone heard any headphones that do what I want.?  I think I'd describe what I want as the very wide soundstage of the K7XX with possibly more detail and even greater clarity/fluidity.

Try the original K701, the K702 or perhaps even the Q701.  I've owned the K701 (for years) and now own the K712 and the K7XX.  I think the latter two have more bass response but sacrifice some of the mid and upper detail, and soundstage, of that from the K701.  Never heard a pair of K812.  Point of diminishing returns and all that.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #1,919 of 4,580
in my experience the best thing about massdrop is their free or low flat shipping to anywhere in the USA. being in hawaii, that has saved me the most money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back