The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,396 of 4,580
50 units... the outrage in this thread made it sound like 50% :wink:

hahah ya i actually counted a lot less than 50 different legit complaints so i think worries abt rattling was a bit overblown... tho i guess im only sayin tat since my own unit had no issues hahah

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,397 of 4,580
hahah ya i actually counted a lot less than 50 different legit complaints so i think worries abt rattling was a bit overblown... tho i guess im only sayin tat since my own unit had no issues hahah

That makes it much easier of course... I'm quite happy that mine does not rattle as well, especially since I'm not in the US and sending it back would be a major hassle.

That said I'm very sorry for those few that actually got a bad unit. This got out of proportion really fast, and many were quite upset that theirs might be defective as well. Hope thats over now...

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #1,400 of 4,580
  Not sure if anyone posted about this before, but I removed the circular foam on top of the driver grill.  I didn't really do an A-B comparison on the difference, but I find that I quite like the vocals after the foam is removed.

Is anyone doing the same thing as well?

yea, there was some discussion on this mod on massdrop & in this thread too.

results in a different sonic signature that really just depends on your personal tastes whether you enjoy.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,402 of 4,580
Assuming the next batch has the same rate of issues, there should be ~45 units with a rattle at normal listening volumes. 

I wonder who will get the short straws this time
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,405 of 4,580
Well, I missed the first two drops by a day so I'm in for one myself. I hope I like them. These are my first audiophile type headphones. Especially since I'm coming from Razer and Astros headphones for gaming and Sol Republic headphones for music listening. So I know I'll have to get used to having a very different (way less bass heavy) sound.

But I think it's time to step up my music listening and hear this difference that everyone here talks about. And at that price, I can't afford not to take the plunge.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,406 of 4,580
  Only US shipping, and the weak Canadian dollar vs. US dollar sort of kills it for me. :frowning2:

Yup, after exchange and getting someone to ship from the US to Canada, it's more like a $300 headphone. Killed.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,408 of 4,580
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #1,410 of 4,580
would these headphones be good for music production? I'm looking for a pair under 500 that I can make edm on, and I also want to game with them, are these the best bet?

Well idk about edm but for gaming these are probably one of the best if not the best because of their soundstage. On another topic I am purchasing an old model from the forums what is the best way to go about testing for the rattling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back