The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
May 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,251 of 4,580
No worries! It turned out to be quite a lot of work on my end, so don't know if I would really volunteer to do such a large scale undertaking in the future anyway. International people can always hit me up privately if they need help with something.

Having lived abroad, I can totally understand what you guys have to deal with.

As someone who has to deal with shipping overseas, its honestly very stressful. They do not make it easy at all. Even shipping a cable is made painful. You were kind enough to offer the service.

May 2, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #2,252 of 4,580
  Wow, why would someone pay that much for them? I would think that there aren't that many people who would even know what a 7XX is and yet not know about this website. I have been looking at this website for a long time for information, despite only recently joining. Perhaps their idea is to corner the market by purchasing all of the 7XX's they can to remove any competition. At the same time it means more for them to sell. For double the price I'd just get a 712, and I have to wonder how many people who know about the 7XX wouldn't think the same thing.

It's no longer available to Canada so for those who have more dollars then sense its worth it. 

May 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #2,253 of 4,580
  Would anyone be able to recommend a good shipping forward company for Australians? Really want to snag a pair of these if they come up again.

I personally use MyUS.com
I have never tried anything else so I can't say if they're the best or cheapest per se, but they haven't failed me once for five orders the past year with with a total value of over USD 3 grand.
I've shipped my phone, pre-amps, AD/DA converters, microphones. No issues whatsoever.

May 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #2,254 of 4,580
Can anyone tell me how good work aune b1 with the 7xx, thx

Ive just ordered one, i had demo'd it for a very short time with the alo audio green line interconnect in Thailand and using my phone and it was a really good combo. very engaging and neutral sounding. it was on pre order on the shop so i couldnt buy it at that time. I preferred it over the National+ and the T1 mk2, will let you know more about it once it gets delivered. :)

is there anyone planing to get aftermarket cables or IS using one currently? IF yes which one?

May 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #2,255 of 4,580
  Ive just ordered one, i had demo'd it for a very short time with the alo audio green line interconnect in Thailand and using my phone and it was a really good combo. very engaging and neutral sounding. it was on pre order on the shop so i couldnt buy it at that time. I preferred it over the National+ and the T1 mk2, will let you know more about it once it gets delivered. :)

is there anyone planing to get aftermarket cables or IS using one currently? IF yes which one?

I have been looking around and found this so far:

http://elaind.com/collections/headphone-cables-and-accessories/products/akg-headphone-cable-5ft-to-15ft-k271-k272-k240-k242-k702-quincy-jones

don't have it with me as I am still considering if it would be worth the upgrade :)

May 4, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,256 of 4,580
Ive just ordered one, i had demo'd it for a very short time with the alo audio green line interconnect in Thailand and using my phone and it was a really good combo. very engaging and neutral sounding. it was on pre order on the shop so i couldnt buy it at that time. I preferred it over the National+ and the T1 mk2, will let you know more about it once it gets deliver

Thanks I'll be waiting news from u, the thing it's, I'm not shure if go for aune b1 or oppo ha-2, to match my k7xx and k553

May 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #2,257 of 4,580
The K7XX I won at the Nashville Meet arrived today. How much burn in time do they need, out of the box they are a little ragged and unrefined.

May 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,258 of 4,580
Hey, these K7XX's are really good headphones, thanks Danny!!! The soundstage is impressive, bass is better than any AKG I have heard, well done!

May 8, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,260 of 4,580
  Since I haven't been keeping up to date, does anyone know if there is going to be another drop for these headphones? Or will I only have to look in the used department.

The K7XX headphones yes, but I'm not sure they will still be marked as the first edition.  They just might go with a standard edition the next time.  At the moment there is no news of another drop happening yet.  Signup for Massdrop and the audiophile emails just be safe if don't hear when the next drop starts.

May 8, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #2,261 of 4,580

The K7XX headphones yes, but I'm not sure they will still be marked as the first edition.  They just might go with a standard edition the next time.  At the moment there is no news of another drop happening yet.  Signup for Massdrop and the audiophile emails just be safe if don't hear when the next drop starts.

I strongly agree with lusagi on this.-
I have been getting their emails since buying the KXXs and a couple of other small things.  It is a minor pain having to sort thru the "Drops" to see if any are your thing but is clearly the best way to find out, whats being offered.

May 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,262 of 4,580
Just throwing this out there. I recently got the K7XXs and I'm thinking about doing a comparison to the Grado PS 500. Not sure if there's any interest but I'm happy to share my experiences if it'd be helpful/interesting/fun.

May 8, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #2,263 of 4,580
Just throwing this out there. I recently got the K7XXs and I'm thinking about doing a comparison to the Grado PS 500. Not sure if there's any interest but I'm happy to share my experiences if it'd be helpful/interesting/fun.

I am interested, I have the K7XX, PS 500e, & PS 1000. It would be great to compare notes.

May 8, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #2,264 of 4,580
I am interested, I have the K7XX, PS 500e, & PS 1000. It would be great to compare notes.

Well then it's settled. I'll share my thoughts soon when I get a chance to do some dedicated, back-to-back listening. Though I should probably dig around and get my L-Cush pads out to test as well. I like the G-Cush pads for their sound and comfort and I've been rocking them almost exclusively for a while.

May 8, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,265 of 4,580
Count me in as well... I have the AKG K7XX
& the Grado PS 500 as well... Just started
listening with my fostex hp-a8c and the AKG's
sound really good... Using a Zu Audio Mobius2
Cable though so maybe I'm cheating!!! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back