The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #466 of 6,345
The Annie should = K712 Pro

And they're comfortable, non-fatiguing, balanced, and fun as well. I'd say those two would fit the bill more than the others you mentioned. The Q701/K702 standard have the bumps which can kill comfort. If they didn't, you could just buy some memory foam pads for the standard AKGs, and not spend the extra for the Anniversary/K712 Pro models.

I haven't heard the K6xx models, so not sure how well they'd do for gaming, Though I hear they're not fatiguing and comfy.

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #467 of 6,345
Quote:
The Annie should = K712 Pro

And they're comfortable, non-fatiguing, balanced, and fun as well. I'd say those two would fit the bill more than the others you mentioned. The Q701/K702 standard have the bumps which can kill comfort. If they didn't, you could just buy some memory foam pads for the standard AKGs, and not spend the extra for the Anniversary/K712 Pro models.

I haven't heard the K6xx models, so not sure how well they'd do for gaming, Though I hear they're not fatiguing and comfy.

Thanks for the input. I prefer the looks of the Annie over these newer models, but I'd be willing to overlook it for sound/comfort. 
Would love if anyone has any experience with the K6xx models. If I can save a buck and get almost equal performance, I'd probably go that direct. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #468 of 6,345
Quote:
*So I don't have any intention of derailing the thread, I hope this isn't too far off topic. 

I haven't had the chance to demo any of the AKG line yet. Hopefully at the L.A. meet on the 20th there will be a few that I can try. Been looking for a nice open pair of cans to compliment my Mad Dogs. I've mostly narrowed it down to the Q701 or the Annies. I wasn't particularly impressed by the HD650s, but my time with them was limited. Hoping to use them for music and gaming. Mad Lust Envy's thread answered all of my game related questions with the AKGs. 

In order of importance:

1. Musical & funish (not super-reference boring)
2. Comfortable
3. smooth and more-or-less non-fatiguing

Do you feel that either of the upcoming K712 or K612 might fit the bill / be worth the money?  (obviously we'll have to wait on more reviews, but with what we know now)
Should I just put my money down on existing Q701, K702, or Annie, other?

Basically, is it worth waiting for and spending more money on these newer models?

What were your qualms with the HD 650? From what I've been told... they should be similar to your Mad Dogs. How long did you spend with them? If they were new they do need some time to "open up". As well, I find for some listeners that I show the HD 650s sometimes they require a bit of duration before appreciation sets in because the "laid back" sound can seem unexciting, but usually further listening brings the textured beauty that is the 650 out slowly seducing your ears. But if you're looking for something a bit diff yea, I personally love the Annies.
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #471 of 6,345
The product page says nothing about color variants, so I guess no white version will be available.

Based upon the impressions of numerous users here the driver itself did not change much (if at all) it seems... So it will have about the same requirements.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #472 of 6,345
The memory foam pads seal better, so they'll at least demand less out of amps in terms of loudness.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #474 of 6,345
I liked it, always watch your unboxings. Just want the 712 pro more now if there is a step up from the k701, they look really good in orange.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #475 of 6,345
Another excellent unboxing video Mike. I wonder how similar the K601 and K612 sound? The one nock of the K601 was it's relatively weak bass performance. I hope the 612 recieved a bass increase as well.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #476 of 6,345
Quote:
Another excellent unboxing video Mike. I wonder how similar the K601 and K612 sound? The one nock of the K601 was it's relatively weak bass performance. I hope the 612 recieved a bass increase as well.

I understood the knock on the K601's bass when stock, but a simple pad swap to the K701 pads made it quite nice in that department from my experience.  All of that being said, if the new K612 does not have any real changes coming from the K601 (none are explicitly stated on their website as compared to the K712's site noting changes) then a pad swap to the new memory foam pads from the K712 might result in a nice sound indeed.

. . .all theoretically speaking of course. . .

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #477 of 6,345
Quote:
Being from San Fracsisco, I can't help but notice the K712 is perfectly colored to support the Giants. If I was a big sports fan I put these at the top of my list. Right now my K550 is keeping me very happy! Looking forward to new K712 impressions still.

You just made me not want these. 
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #478 of 6,345
Quote:
*So I don't have any intention of derailing the thread, I hope this isn't too far off topic. 

I haven't had the chance to demo any of the AKG line yet. Hopefully at the L.A. meet on the 20th there will be a few that I can try. Been looking for a nice open pair of cans to compliment my Mad Dogs. I've mostly narrowed it down to the Q701 or the Annies. I wasn't particularly impressed by the HD650s, but my time with them was limited. Hoping to use them for music and gaming. Mad Lust Envy's thread answered all of my game related questions with the AKGs. 

In order of importance:

1. Musical & funish (not super-reference boring)
2. Comfortable
3. smooth and more-or-less non-fatiguing

Do you feel that either of the upcoming K712 or K612 might fit the bill / be worth the money?  (obviously we'll have to wait on more reviews, but with what we know now)
Should I just put my money down on existing Q701, K702, or Annie, other?

Basically, is it worth waiting for and spending more money on these newer models?

Funny that you mention this because I was thinking of maybe the Mad Dogs being a better closed compliment to my Fidelio X1 than my current HP100. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #479 of 6,345
Unboxing video is now live on YouTube.  Hope you guys like it.

Nice video :)

My  pics online - excuse, I am not a profi photographer. My iPhoto have a problem to export grater than 600x600 pixel momentary.

I am snoopy about your K712 hearing test too :rolleyes:

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #480 of 6,345
Thanks for video HiFiGuy528

So, the pads on K712 looks the same as the one on Anniversaries and most probably they will be the same sounding as well, can you confirm this please.

THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back