The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,271 of 6,341
  Still on the fence with my new K712s, ..........

The next step was to make up a new cable for the AKGs .................................................

Sound difference, I’ll let you know in a few days as the placebo effect is not to be dismissed.

Not sure if it’s the new cable, or for those who believe in break-in or just my ears but the K712s have taken on new strides and have appeared to have opened up quite nicely in the last day through constant playing, imaging is better focused with increased depth and bass seems tighter.

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,272 of 6,341
I wasn't sure whether to ask this question here or in the Annie thread. I was wondering if there is any consensus on whether the new Annies, which ship with the K712 pro pads, are identical in sound to the K712 pro. I didn't see much information in the Annie thread comparing the two, only the Annie with the old pads to the K712 pro. 

Thank you. 

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3,273 of 6,341
The Annies were a limited edition run and are now discontinued and, maybe the last few off the assembly line had the K712 pads, but what I understood is that if you were order “replacement” pads from AKG for the Annies you would receive the K712 pads.
Now there are still some 702 65th Anniversary sets I see available from some suppliers, but they’re getting hard to come by.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #3,275 of 6,341
  My K712 still have those bubbles/spots on driver diaphragms. Is this normal? AKG still couldn't figure out a way to get rid of them?

It was common on olders K70X/Q701 and didn't affect sound quality so i would not worry about them .

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #3,276 of 6,341
Hey guys, I am about to pick up either the AKG K712 or K702 anniversary edition. I have noticed a few people on here having issues with driver rattle. Is that actually common? If qc is an issue with the k712, I may just go for the annies. If I pick up the annies what are the odds that I will get the new k712 pads and not the old k702 annie pads?

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #3,278 of 6,341
  The Annies were a limited edition run and are now discontinued and, maybe the last few off the assembly line had the K712 pads, but what I understood is that if you were order “replacement” pads from AKG for the Annies you would receive the K712 pads.
Now there are still some 702 65th Anniversary sets I see available from some suppliers, but they’re getting hard to come by.

I was just wondering whether the two models sounded the same, now that the later version already comes with the K712 pads (the old Annie pads are discontinued). In other words, the Annies now come with the K712 pads. Do they sound exactly the same as the K712 pros? I can see them available at some sites despite that they are a limited edition. I just want to know whether to go for the Annies or the K712s since I prefer the looks of the former. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #3,279 of 6,341
  I was just wondering whether the two models sounded the same, ................
Annies or the K712s since I prefer the looks of the former. 

I’ve not personally heard the Annies but as one reviewer put it.
“The K712 PRO
I won’t say as much about the K712 PRO as the other two
models, as sonically this headphone has already been reviewed
in our pages. In our January 2013 review of AKG’s K702 65th
Anniversary Edition, I explained that the Anniversary model
wasn’t just a fancy finish added to the standard K702; its
improved earpads offered not only a more comfortable fit but
also improved bass response, a noticeably better listening experience
over the standard K702 to justify its added cost. That
improvement justified the continuation of the model after the
anniversary year was over, and with a quick color change from
grey/blue to black with orange trim, the K712 PRO entered
the AKG catalog to stay.”

And from reading most of the threads/posts.....I'd venture to say that with identical pads they're the same, so pick your color and be happy.
smile.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3,280 of 6,341
I dont exactly think thats true. As for changes, a few have mentioned that the K712 is ever so slightly warmer than the Annie when they both use the same pads. Just going off what my friends here have told me. I personally dont find them different enough and would just get whichever is cheapest. HAD the Annie still been sold with the older memory foam pads, I'd go for those personally, since I prefer its more intimate presentation. Apples vs a slightly less juicy apple. I love both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back