The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Nov 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #107 of 2,841
By the way, ¿ could somebody tell me how could i "notice" the in-famous resonances, i'm getting nuts trying to find such resonances, i'm tried a lot of kinds of music (classic, rock, electronic, pop), instrumental, vocal (choral, soloist male, soloist female), with no success ¿ could somebody point me a piece of music that produces such resonances ?...

Seriously, if you enjoy your headphones and don't hear anything objectionable about their sound, stop worrying about it. This is another type of placebo - you might now make yourself hear these resonances even though they might not be objectionable to you in the first place (everybody has different ears).

...but
if you really want to hear them, I'd say the solos on Slayer's "Reign In Blood" are a good place to start.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #108 of 2,841
Hi!
What would be a good place to get some cheap brand new K550s???

Anyone can recommend?
Thanks

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #109 of 2,841
Axe music in Canada has them priced at $199

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #111 of 2,841
Just picked up a pair from the place I mentioned and I have to say I am impressed! I through a weird set of circumstances owned and ended up returning a pair of MDR-1R headphones and tried the Sennheiser Momentum (lasted a day before they got returned) and now these. These are by far the best of those 3 from a sonic perspective by a HUGE margin. The 1R is more portable oriented as is the Momentum but I am willing to look a bit funny for the sound these deliver while walking around.

I have a friend who I am going to ask to cut the cable and terminate with a 1/8" female connector that is on a 1" lead and then reterminate the remaining cable with a 1/8" mail connector. This will allow me to have a long cable for at home and then use my Vmoda M80 iPhone cable for out and about with my iPhone.

Btw these have very nice bass IMO I think it is a bit better than 1R while not being as bloated as the Momentum.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #115 of 2,841
Is Axe music reliable????

They are great for me because they have a store in my city. They also have a store in Edmonton. They are a music store that has been in Alberta for 20+ years. They sell a ton of AKG headphones and are an authorized reseller.

Apparently they got a deal on the K550 so I am not sure how long this price will last.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #117 of 2,841
Quote:
They are great for me because they have a store in my city. They also have a store in Edmonton. They are a music store that has been in Alberta for 20+ years. They sell a ton of AKG headphones and are an authorized reseller.
Apparently they got a deal on the K550 so I am not sure how long this price will last.

Can they ship outside Canada? 
Thanks dweaver.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #118 of 2,841
Quote:
Yes, brand new, online. 

http://www.mundoelectro.com/imagen-y-sonido/akg-k550.html

I dont know of this. 

No me convence la tienda, yo he ido a espana un par de veces y me parece un tanto underground.... 
Creo que prefiero la otra tienda...., tuviera que averiguar de esta. Se ve que no es como una specialty store sino venden todo bulk.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #119 of 2,841
Sorry but I am unsure if they ship internationally or not, you could email them and ask though.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #120 of 2,841
Quote:
I dont know of this. 

No me convence la tienda, yo he ido a espana un par de veces y me parece un tanto underground.... 
Creo que prefiero la otra tienda...., tuviera que averiguar de esta. Se ve que no es como una specialty store sino venden todo bulk.

I bought my own K550 at that shop. May be the look of the web is not the more depurate, but i had no problems with them.

You can also get them by 165 euro at Amazon.es. Last week they were prized 140 euro, but the price has raised, may be, with a little of patiente, the go down again to 140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back