The AK320 thread
Jun 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #467 of 743
waiting for my balanced cable to arrive tmr... hopefully it's worth it... seems like u got a hard time offloading ur akamp, why not use it yourself?

Oh. Great minds think alike. Haha. Look forward to your input of the balanced port.

That will be my last resort. Would still prefer to sell it. Come on, it's brand new and unopened. Why nobody want it? :sob:

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #468 of 743
Oh. Great minds think alike. Haha. Look forward to your input of the balanced port.

That will be my last resort. Would still prefer to sell it. Come on, it's brand new and unopened. Why nobody want it? :sob:

I might not be able to give an accurate input as i don't own 2 of the same cables but different terminations...

It's not likely for ppl to buy AKamp as it's restricted to 300 series only... If for me i would rather purchase an used unit at 1/2 it's price...  

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #469 of 743
currently there is a promo ak320 + free ak amp. I cannot find any full review of both unit. can someone kind enough to tell me how will this sound vs my existing cayin n6+mojo?

will the ak amp improve the SQ of AK320 or just make it louder so it can power 600ohm headphone?

actually considering qp1r till i saw this promo! is very tempting

appreciate your feedback tq.

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #470 of 743
  currently there is a promo ak320 + free ak amp. I cannot find any full review of both unit. can someone kind enough to tell me how will this sound vs my existing cayin n6+mojo?

will the ak amp improve the SQ of AK320 or just make it louder so it can power 600ohm headphone?

actually considering qp1r till i saw this promo! is very tempting

appreciate your feedback tq.

No change in SQ from the Amp in my experience, just bump you the signal level making it louder. Connected to my HD800S the 150 volume level on the AK320 unamp, becomes like 100 with the AMP in High Power mode.

Comparing with the MOJO, well they are different signatures. The AK320 has more emphasis in mid range, while the mojo is little more sparkly, both DACs I like them so much.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #471 of 743
Amp may help the output impedance. AK daps have issues with some low impedance Iems so maybe the amp would help that. For instance the ak320 output impedance is 2ohm and the chord Hugo is .075 ohm-better for Iems under 16 ohm. Can't find an output impedance listing for the ak380 external amp though.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #473 of 743
  hi friends!
how can i pair ak320 and phone amp.fiio a12?
thanks

Change the output of the device to line out in the settings and connect the audio out of the AK320 to the line in on the Fiio.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #475 of 743
Not really.  The AKM4490 DAC is much more capable than the Cirrus Logic used in the AK240, plus you have much better accessories integration with the amp, ripper, and recorder.  The volume knob is much better too.

Have you heard the ak300 before?

I was so excited about it, I thought I could get kickass AK design with a good UI, reasonable price, excellent build, and good sound with that AKM and those femtos, but boy was I disappointed. The 300 sounded really bad to my ears. It was muddy and murky, the ak240 is way better technically to my ears.

I don't think it's fair to judge by the dac chip used. My soundaware m1 pro studio edition has a single cirrus chip, but most people who have heard it feel that it's more transparent and resolving than most daps except perhaps the lotoo paw gold, the ak380 copper and the questyle qp-1r perhaps.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #476 of 743
oh god, i'm trying to copy files from my sd card to the internal memory, but it's taking days... is this normal ? 

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #477 of 743
I see you have posted this question in this forum and the AK380 forum?

If you are dragging files from the SD card in the AK to the AK internal memory, then yes, it will take a long time as all the data will being moved back to the PC and out to the AK again. The USB link for the SD card is slow in any case, and and this will make it even slower.

If you can, it would be faster to take the SD card out of the AK and mount it directly in your PC/Mac and then do the copy. That way only writes to the AK internal memory will take place. Internal memory access is much faster than access to the AK SD card

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #478 of 743
haha actually i have a 380. i only realised this was for 320 after posting it lol. but i guess it applies too ?

anyway im using the option within the 380 to copy the files from the sd card directly into the 380.

8 hours and 20% done. wat the hell!

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #479 of 743
Out of interest, how much data are you transferring? As a comparison I get about 9 MB/s writing to Internal from a PC and about 6 MB/s to the External SD card.

It might be faster stopping and doing it via PC. It looks like it's going to take you 40 hours which is totally unreasonable.

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #480 of 743
How are you guys enjoying your players?

I am debating whether or not to go with the AK300 or the AK320 and it seems like the AK320 beats the AK300 in performance.

Also have you guys used the AK380 amplifier at all?  I'm curious to see the performance versus the the stock player for driving headphones and IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back