THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD
Sep 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #33 of 1,110

never heard this one - might try it out. there has been some really interesting stuff posted already. Keep the coming lads. That Gerry Garcia album sounds incredible. 

Here is what I am listening to today ¬ 

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #34 of 1,110
never heard this one - might try it out. there has been some really interesting stuff posted already. Keep the coming lads. That Gerry Garcia album sounds incredible. 

Yep, good stuff to look into. Thx for kicking off this thread.

BTW, Gerry Garcia also plays (pedal steel) on the NRPS debut album...

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #36 of 1,110
  These guys are fantastic 

Wow great post man. Never heard of these guys either. Are those 2 Larivee guitars - I remember playing one before in Dublin and it was one of the nicest guitars I ever picked up. 

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #37 of 1,110
I always loved the way Kevin Eubanks plays. He has to have one of the most original acoustic techniques out there. 

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #38 of 1,110
The post above with John McLaughlin reminds me of what may well the the finest acoustic jazz guitar album ever made:

If you have never heard this album, BUY IT NOW.

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #39 of 1,110
The post above with John McLaughlin reminds me of what may well the the finest acoustic jazz guitar album ever made:

Rob that is a big favorite of mine....

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #40 of 1,110

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #42 of 1,110

I have the CD and I remember where I was when I bought it - Paris. Great album indeed. I don't really like many of the solo Al De Meola albums but this one is amazing. 

Here is another album that I don't think gets mentioned a lot, maybe you have heard it? One of my all time favorite acoustic players. It is completely different to "Friday night in San Francisco" but still a must have instrumental acoustic guitar album IMO.

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #43 of 1,110
I love Lindsey Buckingham's style. He is self taught and apparently does not read music. Man can he play. This is my favorite of his solo albums.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #44 of 1,110
Hey Magiccabbage. I don't think many people know what you're talking about. They are posting rock musicians with acoustic guitars, not acoustic music. You should post some videos to show them what you're talking about.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #45 of 1,110
  Hey Magiccabbage. I don't think many people know what you're talking about. They are posting rock musicians with acoustic guitars, not acoustic music. You should post some videos to show them what you're talking about.

I thought the point was acoustic music that was amazing when using the HD800's. If you are going to limit this thread to a specific window of time for music, it will die out fast. Buckingham may be a "Rock Star" as a member of Fleetwood Mac, but his solo albums are more eclectic and not Arena Rock faire. So, try this one with the HD800's.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back