The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
Jan 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #16 of 268
I've gotta say,  given the myriad of high end amps, dacs, and headphones I have experienced over the last few years.  I am becoming more and more sold on the objective approach.

O2 amp, ODAC, and now a neutral sound signature all strictly based on measurements, and I can easily say this is the best sound i've ever heard. 
The same reason i don't let anyone give me a hard time for using $1000 headphones, and a $50 clip zip as my main audio rig. 
and the same reason i still buy all my cables from amazon for $10 or less.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #18 of 268
Quote:

Here's what they have to say about that

Note 1. Speakers vs Headphones / Earphones
Because of the difference in the amount of absolute energy (bone conduction) involved between loudspeakers and headphones / earphones, the bass tends to lack impact in the latter, which is why the hump is desirable in the target curve for headphones and earphones.

Note 2. Speakers are the Standard of Flatness
A question that comes up from time to time is ‘why are speakers the standard for flat sound?’ The answer is because recording studios, theatrical audio systems such as Dolby, THX, and live performances are all calibrated based on the speaker as a standard of flatness - this is what ‘Hi-Fi’ is.

also THIS  is the G.E. philosophy behind why they measure.  It goes into subjectivity vs objectivity and to me is a very balanced take.. I may even call it... neutral... :wink:

Follows my personal beliefs as well.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #21 of 268
I agree!

Just got this app. I was playing around with some eq apps like equ and denon audio but this one is the best! I'm using it for my sennheiser amperiors which on the stock iPod app I found the treble to be very sibilant. Now that sibilance is gone and with a better sound! I can't even listen to the stock app anymore since its so harsh sounding and just blah.

The only thing is the interface could be improved. It's sometimes laggy and not the easiest to navigate.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #23 of 268
Quote:
I agree!

Just got this app. I was playing around with some eq apps like equ and denon audio but this one is the best! I'm using it for my sennheiser amperiors which on the stock iPod app I found the treble to be very sibilant. Now that sibilance is gone and with a better sound! I can't even listen to the stock app anymore since its so harsh sounding and just blah.

The only thing is the interface could be improved. It's sometimes laggy and not the easiest to navigate.

reg. the lagginess, try adjusting the buffer..    though the lag is sometimes a tradeoff for crashing..

an app like this is pushing the limits of the processing power of an iphone or ipod.  it lags so it wont crash. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #29 of 268
Tried the free app just now with a K 701. There is a difference, treble is less sizzly, bass more punchy, midrange has more warmth, and is overall smoother-sounding but it's not very noticeable especially if you're in the situation where you're bringing a K 701 with an iPhone 4S. XD

I can hear a definite difference with the SRH940. Bass has more presence and brings warmth into the midrange, treble doesn't seem as hot, and the soundstage seems more natural-sounding (more depth).

The AKG's and SRH940 seem to have good "EQ Adaptability Grades" so maybe Accudio makes a larger difference for such headphones?

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #30 of 268
Have anything to confirm that (the tpeos IEM tuning)? Very interesting if so.

compare http://denkami.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-in-ear.html, in paricular the raw graph provided by shinwoo (?) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LFwLySfQ89Y/UAYgnXHoCkI/AAAAAAAAAQI/SSBEtExJ8Tk/s1600/MFR.png
to http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b0/b09c74e5_dc21c2e51fc68ceba92f4e6d9251b38c.png posted earlier . confusingly the first graph seems to suggest the target is one thing, and the second - another.

the first chart in the blog post suggests only a bass level 'target'. so idk...

either these targets are hp specific or golden ears decided their first standard was disliked and silently issue another one lol?
[the way they phrased target when tpeos h100 was out, made it sound like 'the standard' hmmm...]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back