thatBeatsguy Reviews: MEElectronics M9 Classic
May 28, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #16 of 21
Based on your review, which I appreciate, I popped for a pair.  I'm hoping that they prove comfortable enough, given their small size, for sleeping with.  :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #17 of 21
Received them today along with a pair of Vsonic VSD3S "illuminating green" model with non-detachable cables.  After spending a couple hours with the Vsonic I switched to the M9 Classic.  The smallest "gumdrop" silicone tips work best for me.  Build quality is much higher than what you get with buds in this price range which is a huge plus in my book.  The sound, compared to the Vsonic, isn't as good with more recessed mids and a hot sizzle to the highs.  I'm not a basshead but do like impact which is present.   But the bottom line is that these definitely don't sound like $10 buds :)    Great value for way above average "beater" IEMs! 

While they are indeed small, the stress relief coupled to the transducer housings flare out somewhat from the ear which might be an issue torquing the housings in the ear when I try sleeping with them.  We'll see :)

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #18 of 21
Tried them last night in bed sleeping on my side.  Did the trick so I'm happy :)

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #19 of 21
I can't tell from the picture if this includes foam tips, I imagine if they are, are they Comply. How is the comfort for extended hours? Are you able to lay your side on a pillow?
If anybody has the M9P can they comment of the foam tips included, if any?

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #21 of 21
My set, ordered on Amazon and supplied by MEElectric contained 4 sets of silicon eartips (no foamies):

And the length of the strain relief obviates wearing them over the ear.  I'd say they are a straight down set period :)

Yes, I was able to sleep on my side with them.  That said there is some pressure on the stress relief which does provide a bit of torque on the driver seated in the ear.  It somewhat detracts from sleeping comfort but I still find it doable albeit not optimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back