Thanks Head-Fi! Just purchased my first true quality headphones based on your site feedback.
Oct 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mojorific

New Head-Fier
Just wanted to say thanks for the great resource you have here.  I purchased a set of Sennheiser HD 650's based on the reviews and comments here on them, and am enjoying sounds I have never heard before in music.  It is truly mind-blowing the difference in sound quality you get with a quality pair of headphones.

Now the only problem is every other pair of headphones I have are just so inferior, I don't want to use anything else!

Currently using my PC with a Asus Xonar Phoebus to power them, playing back any FLAC files I can find!

Thank you.  
biggrin.gif

One question - my PC seems to be able to power these sufficiently with my sound card (it has a high gain setting).  Would it be a good idea to invest in an external amp (such as the Bottlehead Crack)?

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Congratulations on your purchase! Those will probably be my next purchase, I'm a huge Sennheiser fan.
I'm no expert but there are a few threads that I have read that list a couple good amps that pair well with those particular headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back