Thanks Head-Fi! Finally I'm Done!!
Mar 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
I think I'm done....the search has ended.

I first want to thank all the people on this board for all of the info and wisdom.

In the past 3 years I have gone through several headphones and while I have enjoyed many of them, I could always find something lacking that I would think about for the next upgrade. I am blown away by my new Shure E4's. While I have only had them a couple days, I truly do not know what else I would want in an upgrade? The build quality, the fit/comfort and of course the sound is perfect in my opinion. Even at a weak 128 kbp, recordings off of the Ipod Nano sound pristine.

For reference, this is what I have had, in somewhat chronological order and granted, they are all pretty low-end:

(EX-71, Bose Tri-Port, MX-500, Porta Pro, KSC-35, HD-497, PX-200, E-2, Porta Pro 2, PX-100, KSC-75, *UM-1, *E3, *E4)

* I must commend the fine folks at Earphone Solutions for allowing me to do 2 upgrade exchanges from UM-1>E3>E4. Stupid me didn't realize the jump from E3 to E4 was only about $60 and it is well worth it. I would fork over $250 for these things.

Errr.....so how long do you think before I get upgrade-itis again?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro

very_evil_smiley.gif

I'd say a good 20-40 minutes, depending on how strong your conviction is.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 27
whatever..the longest I held out was 3 years...then another $2k
frown.gif
What is wrong with this place? crackphile?/audiocrack?

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
whatever..the longest I held out was 3 years...then another $2k
frown.gif
What is wrong with this place? crackphile?/audiocrack?

LOL...I give him a week..
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 27
You're done already? No point stopping at E4c when you know there are the E5c out there. Beyond that is the whole WORLD of custom IEM...

You must be chanting, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil..."
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

I first want to thank all the people on this board for all of the info and wisdom.

In the past 3 years I have gone through several headphones and while I have enjoyed many of them, I could always find something lacking that I would think about for the next upgrade. I am blown away by my new Shure E4's. While I have only had them a couple days, I truly do not know what else I would want in an upgrade? The build quality, the fit/comfort and of course the sound is perfect in my opinion. Even at a weak 128 kbp, recordings off of the Ipod Nano sound pristine.

For reference, this is what I have had, in somewhat chronological order and granted, they are all pretty low-end:

(EX-71, Bose Tri-Port, MX-500, Porta Pro, KSC-35, HD-497, PX-200, E-2, Porta Pro 2, PX-100, KSC-75, *UM-1, *E3, *E4)

* I must commend the fine folks at Earphone Solutions for allowing me to do 2 upgrade exchanges from UM-1>E3>E4. Stupid me didn't realize the jump from E3 to E4 was only about $60 and it is well worth it. I would fork over $250 for these things.

very_evil_smiley.gif

I have listened to E4 for about a week and didn't really think they are that special at all.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 27
3 years is a long time. It took me 1/6 of that time to jump from mx500 to er4p, and another 1/3 of the later time to jump from er4p to hd600. I'm not sure how long it will take to grab a cadas cable
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 27
I don't know why I am hanging around here either - I've already spent too much money. I canceled my AKG701 order so the longer I hang around the more tempted I will be. Each day when I log in here I ask myself what am I looking for??
tongue.gif
I am supposed to have found it already!!

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

It looks like it's been about 30 minutes... have you upgraded yet?
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
I have listened to E4 for about a week and didn't really think they are that special at all.

Out of curiosity, what are you using that crushes E4's so handidly?

Either way, the likelihood that I upgrade from these anytime soon is equal to the likelihood of a crack-addict with a checking account.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 27
you're so not done. reading your post, i can almost hear your voice quiver with doubt.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #14 of 27
The thread title alone made me keekle.
Done? Never.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Hah! You wish!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back