Thankgiving - What's your favorite side dish?
Nov 27, 2008 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

bigjim82

500+ Head-Fier
Most everybody has turkey, potatoes, stuffing and gravy, but what is your favorite side dish you only have at Thanksgiving?

Mine is green bean casserole. I'm not normally a big fan of vegetables, but I always double up on the green bean casserole on Thanksgiving.

What is yours?

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always help myself to a heap'n portion of love.

Which is why I will never eat with Ingwe.

I like sausage balls: cheese, cheese, cheese, Bisquick, sausage.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 41
edit: only have at thanksgiving? I don't even have turkey on thanksgiving only- so I guess I don't have a side dish to contribute.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: only have at thanksgiving? I don't even have turkey on thanksgiving only- so I guess I don't have a side dish to contribute.

If you are not a Thanksgiving person - then any side dish for any Holiday/Special Occasion.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 41
Well one of my favorite Thanksgiving/Christmas side dishes is a homemade strawberry-cream jello (Not that powder stuff you get at Jewel).

Also, devilled eggs.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 41
[size=xx-large]STUFFING!![/size]

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Booze always counts!

only problem is that I don't remember what I had for side dishes. Or was it actually thanksgiving when I had some booze.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #15 of 41
This is our first TG at home in 2 years, it's at our house, Sister and family, Daughter and family and Mom, elven of us. Turkey in the oven and another one deep fried. Ham and and unending amount of veggies. Pecan and pumpkin pie with Ice Cream will top every thing off. Oh.....lots of wine and beer. It's a good time with the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back