TFZ King IEMs
Apr 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JacksonMZL

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of IEMs that is ~75-100 dollars. Massdrop has the TFZ King IEMs right now. Are these a good buy? If not what are some recommendations for IEMs in that price range? Thanks in advance!

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 8
  I am looking for a pair of IEMs that is ~75-100 dollars. Massdrop has the TFZ King IEMs right now. Are these a good buy? If not what are some recommendations for IEMs in that price range? Thanks in advance!

Haven't heard the TFZ, but I do like the 1More Triple Driver an awful lot. I also like the RHA MA750 a good deal ($119.00 on amazon). You might check those two out and see what you think. They might be a better choice than the TFZ.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 8

I'm surprised not many have talked about the TFZ Exclusive King so just share a bit on what my brief impressions on it in hope that it could help you decide. Here's quoting what i've shared at the Chinese/Asian brand thread

70$ at Massdrop ?! It's a really good deal that you won't wanna miss. They're really worth every price i paid for. I've spent pretty much a whole day with this since i got it earlier today. Just some brief impressions, they're very lean sounding with very good resolution overall. They're very well balanced imo and i would say quite close to being neutral. Their highs are bright but not overly so. They're no where to the point of edgy or harsh instead they're smooth and airy with great extension (i believe the wide frequency response 5hz - 40kHz accounts for that airy feel).

Its bass is what i like the most. They're in no way recessed like what some Taobao review has mentioned. The amount of bass is just right and it's also deep with ample of subbass to complement the midbass. Bass notes have good speed, they're fast, tight and punchy as if it's coming out from a BA. Midrange sounds clear and natural although can come across as a bit thin. Upper midrange have better body and a fuller sound with female vocals sounding lush and clear though not as much being emphasised when compared to Magaosi K3 Pro, just smooth and clear.

One of the best thing in the Exclusive King i think is its instrument placement and separation.
While its soundstage may not be that exceptional at this price point but the instrument separation and the placement in the stage is so clear & accurate without any bleed over and this probably is why they're marketed as a hifi monitor instead.

They're very easy to drive, having rather low impedance at 12Ohm and a pretty high sensitivity @ 11dB so it kinda makes them quie loud even at lower volume (< 50% volume on both my Samsung Note 3 & Aigo Z2 is already loud enough and anything more would probably cause hearing damage)

These are just my brief initial impressions, i believe burn-in will further improve it as TFZ also recommended an 80-150hours of burn-in on this. As usual JMHO and YMMV.

And 1 more, they're actually quite heavy. In fact they're the heaviest of all plastic IEMs i had so wearing it for a long period may put strain on your ears and could cause discomfort.

In comparative with the 1More Triple which i also own, the TFZ King leans toward analytical, a bit of a clinical listen with lots of micro-details and a fast and tight bass whilst 1More definitely have much more bass quantity that's slower in decay with a richer and fuller sounding mids,more musical in overall i would say.

Both are great but 1more will be best to listen to when you're just out and about as it comes with a mic as well while TFZ King will be more suitable to use for focused listening / for monitoring purposes as they're actually quite close to being neutral imo.

Other within your price range you can have a look at Magaosi K3 Pro which is a Chinese brand IEM that has garnered some attention lately with a dedicated thread for it. Hope it helps.

May 3, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm surprised not many have talked about the TFZ Exclusive King so just share a bit on what my brief impressions on it in hope that it could help you decide. Here's quoting what i've shared at the Chinese/Asian brand thread

In comparative with the 1More Triple which i also own, the TFZ King leans toward analytical, a bit of a clinical listen with lots of micro-details and a fast and tight bass whilst 1More definitely have much more bass quantity that's slower in decay with a richer and fuller sounding mids,more musical in overall i would say.

Both are great but 1more will be best to listen to when you're just out and about as it comes with a mic as well while TFZ King will be more suitable to use for focused listening / for monitoring purposes as they're actually quite close to being neutral imo.

Other within your price range you can have a look at Magaosi K3 Pro which is a Chinese brand IEM that has garnered some attention lately with a dedicated thread for it. Hope it helps.
So I have heard some issues with the TFZ's cable quality, have you had an issues? Also I missed the drop, but currently they have the TFZ 5 and the 5s. I am not a basehead, which one would you recommend, what is the difference between the two?

May 4, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 8
So I have heard some issues with the TFZ's cable quality, have you had an issues? Also I missed the drop, but currently they have the TFZ 5 and the 5s. I am not a basehead, which one would you recommend, what is the difference between the two?

Both of these (TFZ 5 and 5s) are bass-centric signatures.If you're not a basshead, you might want to pass on the TFZ 5/s. Like VinceHill24 said, the TFZ Kings are really good if you don't mind a little bit of extra treble energy.

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 8
I have not had any issues with the cables. TFZ Exclusive 5 are bassy as already mentioned. Pretty impressive when you think about it though. It is amazing that sound engineers are able to get that much fullness out of IEMs. Maybe there's something to those graphene drivers. Too much bass emphasis for me but it all depends on the music you listen to. My sons love the 5's. They find other more neutral IEMs boring. The 5's in silver are quite impressive looking. They are chunky, but fit surprisingly comfortably given their heft. The weight helps set them into your ear securely for good isolation I think. I prefer the Pinnacle PX over the 5's but the PX are twice the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back