Texas Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #46 of 139
While the probability that I will attend is ~50%, it is *0* for the 17th. Since you are taking additional input, I and my EMP could attend either the 10th or the 24th.

600smile.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #47 of 139
Ok, it appears that July 24th works better for everybody. Let me know your thoughts!

As for length of time, well that depends on how everything goes. I don't really have a set length.

Regarding food, let's nail the date first!
eggosmile.gif
But I do agree that everybody can bring something. That works for me.

As far as music goes, the only thing lacking at my house is classical. My selection spans the range from Trip-Hop to Metal and everything in between. By all means feel free to bring what ever your hear desires to hear.

Along that line, if you are bringing gear remember to also grab your interconnects and power cables. I only have enough for my stuff.

Jun 23, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #49 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Hope you remembered to invite THE MERTON!
tongue.gif
eek.gif

Being new I must have missed who this cat is? From what I gather, he was not an upstanding citizen on Head-Fi...true or false?

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Being new I must have missed who this cat is? From what I gather, he was not an upstanding citizen on Head-Fi...true or false?

That would be true, although as I remember ReDVsion enjoyed his posts!
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #51 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Ok, it appears that July 24th works better for everybody. Let me know your thoughts!

Excellent. That one I can make and I shouldn't have to worry about time constraints.

Quote:

Regarding food, let's nail the date first!
eggosmile.gif
But I do agree that everybody can bring something. That works for me.

If you're in the Heights, are you close enough to have Star Pizza deliver? That'd be my food vote...

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #52 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunByrne
Excellent. That one I can make and I shouldn't have to worry about time constraints.

If you're in the Heights, are you close enough to have Star Pizza deliver? That'd be my food vote...

I am just out side of the Heights, but I do agree regarding Star Pizza. We go there quite often. It is close enough for one of us to head on over and pick up a few pies.

Glad the new date works better for you!
280smile.gif

Jun 25, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #54 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Maybe change the date on the first post to July the 24th...?

I can probably make it that day and bring a Grado SR325...

Date changed on the first post!

Jun 29, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #55 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
That would be true, although as I remember ReDVsion enjoyed his posts!
biggrin.gif

Huh? Was I high at the time? (perhaps I was... as I'm pretty stoned ATM...)

Jun 29, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #57 of 139
Hey, anyone in the Houston area have the Senn 555s? A lot of space has been devoted on the headphone boards lately to comparing these with 595s. I have a set of 595s (which I like a lot) and I thought we might do a comparison at our meet...

Jun 29, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #59 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariowar
Well, you'll surely be comparing your 595 to my 590s witht he equinox cable
lambda.gif

Absolutely! And to 580s and 600s and 650s if people who have such gear will bring it along.
600smile.gif
But since the 555 vs. 595 topic has been hot lately, I thought it woudl be fun if we could get a bunch of people to all make that comparison.

Jul 3, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #60 of 139
I think I live within about an hour and a half from your location. (close to Beaumont) I'm gonna try and make it provided I can get someone to swap shifts with me. I can bring sr225s with bowl, flat and comfy pads along with a new pair of DT531s.

My portable rig is a laptop with an Echo Indigo IO card, but my laptop is scheduled to go out for depot work on the 5th with an estimated 18 day turn around. I doubt it will make it. So if you want to hear how the Indigo sounds with your particular laptop, I'll bring the card with a driver CD. (the card is PCMCIA)

This is all tentative with the shift swap, so if anyone wants a definite answer, I'll post back when I'm absolutely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back