Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk
Mar 22, 2006 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk

eek.gif
blink.gif

This is the most stupid thing I ever heard. Yeah I do believe drunk driving is a serious offence but arresting drunk people in a bar is crazy.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 62
last i heard texas dosnt have an "open container law" by which i mean, if you are stopped driving WHILE drinking, it is not a crime unless you are actually drunk. i could be very wrong, and drinking and driving puts you in a category with the most recent govonor of texas to "resign his post" but eeh, whatever.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 62
Quote:

Note to self: Do not go to any bars in TX

is TX still part of the U.S. ? Or do I have to start removing a "star" from all my flags ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

damn funny how major criminals get pampered in recent times while normal folks get backed into more corners every day and my thought is some animals you don't want to corner because it always turns out badly
tongue.gif

must have missed that "screw the innocent " part of the bill of rights.........

pathetic when you allow open borders and criminals to walk around in daylight yet have enough resources to start going to pubs to harrass the honest patrons who's only crime is they were stupid enough to be born here legally
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
last i heard texas dosnt have an "open container law" by which i mean, if you are stopped driving WHILE drinking, it is not a crime unless you are actually drunk. i could be very wrong, and drinking and driving puts you in a category with the most recent govonor of texas to "resign his post" but eeh, whatever.

Actually, we do have an open container law. It was created in 2001.

http://www.texassafetynetwork.org/is..._container.php

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #8 of 62
So why aren't they going after the bartenders for overserving? If people are obviously intoxicated in a bar, someone served it to them. Last I knew, it was illegal to serve alcohol to someone who is drunk.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 62
Quote:

So why aren't they going after the bartenders for overserving?

yeah now there is a solution !

Arrest the poor slob making $10/hr + tips for serving drinks in a bar.......

HOW DARE HE SERVE ALCOHOLIC BEVEREDGES IN A BAR !!!!!!
mad.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #10 of 62
Um, ok. We use secret police to enforce public sobriety to minimize drunk driving. Brilliant! So what's stopping all those people who get smashed out of their minds at home from driving? How is this going to put a stop to alcohol-related domestic violence? How is this going to result in anything positive or constructive, anything at all? Other than people being too paranoid of each other because the guy that keeps insisting that he buy you another drink is an undercover cop who's trying to get you smashed so that he can bust you and fulfil his quota...

I hope Texas voters have a thing or two to say about legislators that endorse this kind of thing (but on second thought... who am I kidding
mad.gif
)

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
yeah now there is a solution !

Arrest the poor slob making $10/hr + tips for serving drinks in a bar.......

HOW DARE HE SERVE ALCOHOLIC BEVEREDGES IN A BAR !!!!!!
mad.gif

I think he meant that bartenders should refrain from serving someone who's obviously drunk, or close to it. Don't bars have drink limits anyways? (that they may or may not enforce)

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

I think he meant that bartenders should refrain from serving someone who's obviously drunk, or close to it. Don't bars have drink limits anyways? (that they may or may not enforce)

You can be sober as far as normal functionality goes and still be legally intoxicated and that even more true as each year the laws evolve to a tighter standard.The bartender is to blame for serving drinks as he is payed to do ?

why not just bring back prohibition which is really what this is about.Chip at the edges and when there is nothing left shut the whole industry down.by doing it in stages no one will realise what is going on until it is too late.

Again,another example of some wiling to give up another persons freedom and everything is cool until it is their turn to be under the mocroscope of the PC police who seem think real criminals need help and should be pittied while normal law abiding citizens that do a thing they do not agree with get spanked.sometimes the spanking so severe it ruins lives but no matter.Ends always justify means right ?

pathetic that I lived long enough to see soviet russia become a democracy while we tread ever so closer to a full dictatorship and no one even cares as long as the right sugar caoting is put on it
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #14 of 62
Really that all just read as they seemed to be arresting people that are out of control drunk, falling over, etc. I.e., someone who's judgement is so far gone that they will pretty much do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back