Testing audiophile claims and myths
May 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #6,511 of 17,336
May 29, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #6,512 of 17,336

Do you agree with all the points he raised or part of it?

yes!

tongue.gif

May 29, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #6,514 of 17,336
May 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #6,515 of 17,336
I have been a victim of the fake EQ he mentioned too many times... :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #6,516 of 17,336
Sound is merely airwaves and no high-end system or low-end one will ever take that away.  
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #6,518 of 17,336
I've got a vague idea of what's meant by 'fake EQ'. At which point in the video is this discussed? interesting in hearing this.

He means an engineer spending time EQing a track only to realize that the EQ isn't patched into the board.

I think Ethan interjects it when jj is talking about setting up the tube/solid state switch that actually did nothing. Comes after Poppy Crum's talk which is the first talk given.

se

May 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #6,519 of 17,336
that happened to me so many times. with the EQ bipassed and me starting to change some value by 1 or 2db thinking I just needed a little something there ^_^. 
I even spent time with the hd650 on my head, trying to EQ it, and the sound coming from the speakers
rolleyes.gif
I'm such a pro.

May 30, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #6,520 of 17,336

Now please reconsider; just because of similar "carved in stone" beliefs ( which are as safe as can be, being backed by enough papers and peer reviews and whatnots of the scientific world ) -

are YOU 100% sure

you are not depriving yourself of something better than what is generally mentioned in these pages as being sufficient to correctly convey the music ?

Not even 0.123456789 % doubt ?

No such thing as 100% sure. But it's better than something which I'm 0.01% sure about. Improve that, and we'll entertain you. Or do you suggest you're better than the peer-reviews and all?

BTW, CD mats and the recorcdings? And I swear to God, if you don't have them...........

May 30, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #6,521 of 17,336
  No such thing as 100% sure. But it's better than something which I'm 0.01% sure about. Improve that, and we'll entertain you. Or do you suggest you're better than the peer-reviews and all?

BTW, CD mats and the recorcdings? And I swear to God, if you don't have them...........

In due time. In half an hour I will be in the concert hall, recording "a" choir.

And the recording IS available - in "glorious YT sound" ( derived from MP3 192 kbps made for airing on the national radio ) :

When I have time sometime next week , I will upload exactly this piece in BOTH original simultaneuosly recorded masters - DSD128 and 192/24 .

May 30, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #6,522 of 17,336
So are you going to say you can't tell if he's trolling or just pretending to be stupid. :evil:

Since when is being ignorant or wrong considered "trolling"?

I really don't think most people who accuse others of being trolls even know what the word means. It seems to have devolved into a general epithet hurled at anyone they just don't like or disagree with.

se

May 30, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #6,523 of 17,336
He means an engineer spending time EQing a track only to realize that the EQ isn't patched into the board.

I think Ethan interjects it when jj is talking about setting up the tube/solid state switch that actually did nothing. Comes after Poppy Crum's talk which is the first talk given.

se

Thanks Steve,

A similar thing happened to me where I thought my parametric EQ was active on my system for weeks. Then a particular song's sound made me realize values were reset to null through some mishap or update to the system. I can see that happening again because slight EQ is just what it is slight and it's easy enough to forget to check settings after system changes. 

I've never EQ'ed a track though but could see that happening too if I did.

May 30, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #6,524 of 17,336
Since when is being ignorant or wrong considered "trolling"?

Since the person in question disregards all the evidence offered as to why he is wrong and persists in re-posting the same nonsense over and over without any evidence of his own.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #6,525 of 17,336
I have done a little update, fixed some broken links, pointed out where the links are broken and I cannot find the original and added and taken away some bits and pieces. There is nothing I can find now that overturns the conclusions I reached back when I started the meta study.

That is why my head-fi set up is the same now as it was four years ago, the only change is a new laptop from which I still stream Spotify (Premium to get the better bit rate) to my various headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back