Testing audiophile claims and myths
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #13,352 of 17,336
@castleofargh : how does one unblock a member ?
if you're talking about the ignore function, if you move your mouse over your name at the top right of the page, there is a list of stuff popping up, including "people you ignore".

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #13,353 of 17,336
if you're talking about the ignore function, if you move your mouse over your name at the top right of the page, there is a list of stuff popping up, including "people you ignore".
Thank you.

I have restrained from answering one particular member for FAR too long - no idea what he has been posting for at least half a year, with a few exceptions here and there, visible to me only if not logged in.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #13,355 of 17,336
popcorn panda.gif

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #13,356 of 17,336
[1] I am citing the exact models only because it is one of the two ( both from Stax ) options to have been ever made commercially available, by any brand - and, given the price, obviously could not penetrate the market more than it did.
[2] I did post the link to Lambda Pro - in which it is more than clearly written and argumented why a 3 decades old Lambda Pro plus at least SRM1MK2 amp ( the least of what I would reccomend to anyone interested in decent electrostatics ) [2a] would make mockery of say HD 800 and similar current dynamic phones.
[3] I have restrained from answering one particular member for FAR too long ...

1. Nonsense! Top commercial studios spend many millions on equipment, Stax cost peanuts by comparison, they didn't "penetrate the market more than it did" for other reasons.

2. And that appears to explain at least part of your problem. You read some marketing or opinion piece and "hey presto" that's what you believe you hear, even though you've demonstrated that you can't actually hear even some of the audio basics. That's fine though, entirely up to you. However, what's not fine and what's not up to you is to state your delusions as fact, especially here in the sound science forum!
2a. Case in point! Do you have any reliable evidence that Lambda Pro's "make mockery of say HD800s"? Of course you don't because that's an opinion, NOT a fact! I've heard both the HD800s and the Lambda Pros, although not in direct comparison at the same time, and my impression is that the Stax are better in some regards in relation to my personal preferences but they certainly don't "make a mockery" of HD800s and to be honest, I preferred the LCD-X to both. However, that's just "my impression", it's not a fact and it's not science, it's therefore: A. Off-topic, B. Inappropriate for this sub-forum and C. Would be a blatant lie (or inadvertent lie, if I were deluded) to state it as a fact!

3. And that's because when you did respond, you did so by simply making-up falsehoods, posting examples which you didn't realise/couldn't hear weren't examples, posting marketing as "reliable evidence" and in the process just made yourself appear more and more ignorant/foolish, which is presumably why you "restrained from answering" in the first place! So, what do you mean it's been "FAR too long"? Far too long since you painted yourself into a corner, exposed your own falsehoods/delusions and made yourself look even more ignorant/foolish? Do us ALL a favour and leave it for even longer! Or better still, stop with the falsehoods and impressions/delusions stated as fact in the first place!!!

G

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #13,357 of 17,336
A reminder: No one is required to respond to my posts if they don't feel it is worth their time. If you have me muted and you still feel the need to respond to me, you probably have a problem with self control. That means that you should probably take a break from posting entirely. I doubt if anyone will mind.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #13,358 of 17,336
A reminder: No one is required to respond to my posts if they don't feel it is worth their time. If you have me muted and you still feel the need to respond to me, you probably have a problem with self control. That means that you should probably take a break from posting entirely. I doubt if anyone will mind.

FYI: Although - mostly - we don't see eye to eye, I never did put you on mute. Even when you were being banned, I contacted mods to reconsider their decision(s) - with the reasoning that you DO make valuable contributions - despite everything else.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #13,359 of 17,336
FYI: Although - mostly - we don't see eye to eye, I never did
put you on mute. Even when you were being banned, I
contacted mods to reconsider their decision(s) - with the
reasoning that you DO make valuable contributions -
despite everything else.

Gregorio and bigshot are both quite knowledgeable individuals, but, if they were MDs, they would have hurrible bedside manner! lol. They both just need to be open to and acknowledge that others do grasp most audio concepts. Some of us just aren't as up to speed on the precise terminology, or on how to properly express ourselves.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #13,360 of 17,336
If you want to pay me a doctor's salary to do this, I promise you my bedside manner would improve.

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #13,362 of 17,336
That first post is a great one.

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #13,363 of 17,336
GRRRR!!! :/

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #13,364 of 17,336
While I respect the opinions of all posters on this page, is there not anyway that some could avoid the very personal insults hurled at those who they can't agree with? Very unkind and does nothing to make an argument more water-tight. If the goal is to enlighten or open somebody's point of view, that is a crappy way to go, and if the real point is to insult and denigrate, not sure that is a great motive.

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #13,365 of 17,336
I just tried to put myself on ignore but I got a big red error message saying you can’t ignore yourself. Is this like new-age self-help advice, or some ancient philosophical concept, or just a simple piece of practical wisdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back