Test Monster Turbine Pro COPPER Headphones
Apr 26, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #196 of 293
I usually just lurk here, but I thought I might as well throw my name into the ring. Who knows? I might get lucky.

I currently have the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10, Super.fi 4, Sleek Audio SA1, SA6, Monster Turbine normal, and Beats Tours.

I listen to a variety of music, but I tend to favor rock, metal, acoustic guitar, orchestra, and any venn diagram overlap of the previous four.

I also play in an orchestra, so I'd like to think my ears are particularly trained, but who knows? I'm sure there are plenty of audiophiles out there who can listen to music just as well as I can.

When listening to music, especially orchestral, I tend to listen to how the timbre of the instruments are conveyed, as it helps me practice my own instrument. This also lets me know how the IEMs perform with what genre of music. For example, I was trying to listen to Beethoven's 4th on the Beats Tour, but couldn't get very far as the bass was much too over emphasized, the same (mostly) goes for the Turbines. The opening was superb, but once the full body of the orchestra came in, it became too much.

I found that the SA6 and Triple.fi 10's performed best on classical pieces.
Surprisingly enough, I felt that the SA1's performed really well on acoustic guitar pieces. Maybe the rosewood body added warmth to the sound or something, I don't really know, they just sounded amazing.

Anyway, hopefully the above information helps you in your selection process!

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #198 of 293
I'd love to test these IEM's. I currently own the monster turbine, hippo VB, and have recently tried the klipsch image s4, and some shures. I really love my turbines, they are so solid.

i've been playing guitar for 4 years, and sound quality has been important for me forever so i am always searching for the next best pair of IEM's and headphones.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #199 of 293
I'd love to test these iems also. I'm a classically trained pianist and guitarist. I've been playing all my life and the focus of my listening nowadays seams to be primarilly jazz, classical, progressive, and jazz fusion (From Shostakovish/Berlioz to Ahmad Jamal/Mingus through Yes/Dream Theatre and Weather Report). I'd also like to think I have discerning taste when it comes to audio equipment and it would clearly be my pleasure to participate in this test. I have extensive beta testing experience (primarilly for computer software) so am familiar with the process and whats expected of me. I've tested for a multitude of very prominant companies as well as universities.

May 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #200 of 293
I would live to give them a try...I have used Monster products in the past and have always found them to be of high quality!

May 5, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #203 of 293
Anyone here from Monster yet regarding the second round of lucky reviewers?

May 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #204 of 293
I'd like to test these and write a review for these as well. If I am chosen for testing I will compare them to my current earphones. I currently have the TF10s, and Phonak PFE. I also have a pair of Ultimate Ears 700 on the way.  I will test them all on a variety of sources including the sansa fuze, sansa clip, ipod nano, and iphone. I listen to a variety of music too. I can also include comparisons against full sized headphones like the hd25 and srh750dj. I was planning on writing a three way earphone review with detailed comparisons and photos, but with your help I can make it four-way review.

May 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #206 of 293
I'd like to thank Monster for choosing me to review the Coppers! I can't wait to get them!

May 21, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #207 of 293
I'm also looking forward to giving these a test drive - was quite surprised when I received the invitation!

How long did it take for the package to show up for you guys in the first 10?

May 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #208 of 293
I hope a round 3 happens. :)

May 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #210 of 293
Count me in. I owned TF 10 pro, SE 530, IE8 , UM3X, X10, monster turbine etc and will have Eq-7 soon ( please see me personal profile). I am sure I can make a good comparison.

Being a member of choir for years, I hope I can get some sweet vocal from this baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back