The world is sad
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 32
Damn that sucks
frown.gif
I love his attitude though:
"I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as will everybody else,"

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 32
Everyone at work could hear my cries of "Noooooooooo!" today.

003: The first thing that strikes me reading his full letter was his positive attritude and his determination not to let that rule his life, and to calm the fandom. I truly feel proud to have read his books after reading that letter.

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 32
A great shame, but as he says he's not dead yet! I hope theres a few more books in him yet.

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #12 of 32
I am very, very sad - but I also must remember that Terry Pratchett has already produced more great work than the vast majority of professional writers. His work will live-on WELL past his lifetime!

Which leads me to an obvious question - who is your favorite discworld character? It's a tough choice - and for me it is a toss-up between The Librarian (Ook?), Cohen the Barbarian and Death.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #13 of 32
DEATH, heh we call our car Binky.. Yeah, I need to get out more
smily_headphones1.gif

Mind you I do kinda like Nobby Nobbs and Fred Colon..and Detritus.

I wish they did a box set or something..

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #14 of 32
I hope this isn't a threadjack, but where is a good place to start with the Discworld series? I've heard great things about it over the years but never got around to figuring out where to start.

And that is terrible news; same thing happened to a dear friend of the family.

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #15 of 32
Its horrible news. I hope they find a cure soon. I read that Alzheimers may be a variation of diabetes that strikes the brain but doesn't produce regular diabetes symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back