Teralink X2 on Mac
May 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ferrilu1

New Head-Fier
Dear all, I'd like to know if anyone had the chance to use his Mac with this external card. Surfing on the net I noticed only Win users.
Thanks for your help

Gianluca

May 9, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #2 of 6
It'll sound exactly the same as it would on PC, discounting DSPs on either PC/Mac.  It's a USB-Audio devices, and thus is plug and play on Windows/Mac alike.

Most USB solutions are this way, you can read Windows reviews and feel pretty safe, unless the device you're looking at has a specific driver.

May 20, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 6
Ok here we go, the tiny Teralink X2 has arrived. Connected to a MiniMac 1.6GHz Intel-1G Ram and OS Tiger via USB. The DAC is a Benchmark DAC1, I use a 5metre BNC connection.
To let it work you need to set Midi at 24/96 and set it as your external audio device, instead of it you will have no sound.
As player I found better VLC  compared to Vox. No Itunes because I play Flac files.
Sound is to the warm side ( as stated before) and less open than my 3DLab Sonata Drive. I just tuned a little the sound using the equalizer device. Music seems a little more fluid ( liquid?
biggrin.gif
)
Overall a good and little expensive equipment
I don’t know if it was intended to be used on Windows for a best performance, I got a fried that runs it on Pc and Foobar and it sounds very, very well.

Gianluca

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 6
I got my Teralink X2 today and have noticed a strange anomaly with it.

When I set it in the midi control panel to 24/96 it won't play as in iTunes (and cog) just does not play, the progress slider does not move, if I set it to 16/96 or 24/48 it does play. What gives? Anyone else experience this? It happens regardless of the file used (24/96 ALAC, 16/44.1 ALAC or 24/96 FLAC)

My hiface works just fine, it can only be set to 32 bit in midi settings but works fine at all sample rates.

I am running 10.5.8

//Jan

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi everybody

I'm a longtime audio geek, starting now the journey to use my MacBook as the primary digital source.
To accomplish this I decided to buy a Teralink X2 device to make the connection to my Metronome Tube-DAC.

So far so good, but I cannot bring my Teralink to life
confused_face%281%29.gif

I'm using OS X 10.6.4, but the Teralink is not recognized as audio device. So I have no possibility to switch to the USB based output. If I let run the check routine of OS X, I can see that the USB port is connectrd with the Teralink. So, Mac and Teralink see each other, but Mac doesn't recognize Teralink as an audio device.

Anyone can help? Anyone has an idea. Oh, and I already sent an email to Teradak company, but received no reply so far. Also the Taiwan based seller is very silent
frown.gif

Thanks guys for your advice!

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Ere, what do you get in the log viewer when connecting the device?

I never got to figure out what was bothering the Tealink device when I was on 10.5.8, by the time I went back to look at it, I had upgraded to Snow Leopard and am now also on 10.6.4, I now no longer have the problem.

//Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back