Tennmak
May 5, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #121 of 1,026
A friend of mine listened to my Tennmak PRO yesterday. He just loved it and wanted them really bad! He was really amazed by the wide soundstage. So i gave mine to him for the same price i got (he thought they costed a lot more!) since his headphones were broken and i had other iems. But now i miss them :frowning2:

May 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #122 of 1,026
  A friend of mine listened to my Tennmak PRO yesterday. He just loved it and wanted them really bad! He was really amazed by the wide soundstage. So i gave mine to him for the same price i got (he thought they costed a lot more!) since his headphones were broken and i had other iems. But now i miss them :frowning2:

Yep seems like Tenmak has some great stuff. I'd love to try the Dulcimer since it has the same driver as Piano but I can't justify another earphone right now. I'm still amazed at the detail in the Piano and the balanced but punchy bass and rumbling sub bass. Also very comfortable as Tom said.

May 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #123 of 1,026
Just revisted the Tenmak Pro thats been hanging in my spare closet along with a bunch of other chinese IEMs taking a backseat to the honeymoon period am in with the Shozy Zero sound. To the point I popped my Fidue MMX mic cable onto them to make a phone call and OMG they sound fantastic! They are still on the thin side in the sub and mid bass for my tastes but the presence and clarity in the mids and treble are fantastic for a sub $30 IEM! Did some tip rolling and found a large silicon medium bore from the Easy M2s which gave an even better but more shallow seal and resonates more like a subwoofer in my ear canals.. the Pros easily better the Easy M2 in the mids and treble to my ears , find the M2s to be rather recessed in the mids.. the Tenmal Pros are very comfortable for extended listening second only to the tiny and light Shozy Zeros.. Tenmak Pro is increadible value IMO! Makes me wonder what their sexy looking high end stuff sounds like!

May 6, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #124 of 1,026
crabdog after 2 days (including long evenings :)) with the Pianos I can definitely say they are very good and deserve to be widely recommended! what I hear is the sound of a high clarity with a nice soundstage, full of details and lined up with a nice punchy bass!

Dulcimer, yeah I would like to try them too (just for comparison purposes) but buy rather not. Well, I would also like to try Banjo and Pro, to be honest :)

One thing that puzzles me is the tips that come with the Pianos. Do the three sets differ only in colour? They have the same size of bores.

May 6, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #125 of 1,026
crabdog after 2 days (including long evenings :)) with the Pianos I can definitely say they are very good and deserve to be widely recommended! what I hear is the sound of a high clarity with a nice soundstage, full of details and lined up with a nice punchy bass!

Dulcimer, yeah I would like to try them too (just for comparison purposes) but buy rather not. Well, I would also lile to try Banjo and Pro, to be honest :)

One thing that puzzles me is the tips that come with the Pianos. Do the three sets differ only in colour? They have the same size of bores.

Glad you're enjoying them and I agree with everything you said. As far as I can tell the tips only differ in color.

May 6, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #126 of 1,026
Just revisted the Tenmak Pro thats been hanging in my spare closet along with a bunch of other chinese IEMs taking a backseat to the honeymoon period am in with the Shozy Zero sound. To the point I popped my Fidue MMX mic cable onto them to make a phone call and OMG they sound fantastic! They are still on the thin side in the sub and mid bass for my tastes but the presence and clarity in the mids and treble are fantastic for a sub $30 IEM! Did some tip rolling and found a large silicon medium bore from the Easy M2s which gave an even better but more shallow seal and resonates more like a subwoofer in my ear canals.. the Pros easily better the Easy M2 in the mids and treble to my ears , find the M2s to be rather recessed in the mids.. the Tenmal Pros are very comfortable for extended listening second only to the tiny and light Shozy Zeros.. Tenmak Pro is increadible value IMO! Makes me wonder what their sexy looking high end stuff sounds like!

Holy crap. You're right. I had been pushing the tips too far on the stem. I did a sinegen test, and the bass was dropping off below 23 Hz. I adjust the tips further off the stem, and now I can clearly hear/feel that it extends to 16 Hz before falling off. I guess I can't say they are subbass deficient anymore. :)

Though with the Easy M2, I found I've hated foam tips on everything, until the Easy M2. Foam tips cut bass and treble in my big ears, but that worked just right in this case bringing out the midrange. Haven't A/Bed it with the Pro, but I'm likely to be biased because of preferring the Pro's microphone and pause button.

May 6, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #127 of 1,026
crabdog it's official, I am in love with the Pianos :) with their design and SQ, in some of my songs I know too well I discovered some new details, damn good phones :) crabdog, it looks like I can fully trust your ears (MONK, EDR2, PIANO) :)

May 10, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #128 of 1,026
planning to buy tennmak pro or tennmak piano.. what tips do you recommend to be used ? i mostly always listen to metal and rock songs, alternative and a bit of everything .. depends on my mood.  overall, is it durable? also i am using a rockboxed iPod 5.5g and temporarily, a bluebird u3.6 amp,a warm sounding amp. My bright sounding Lear FSM-01 is in for repair by a friend. :)

May 10, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #129 of 1,026
  planning to buy tennmak pro or tennmak piano.. what tips do you recommend to be used ? i mostly always listen to metal and rock songs, alternative and a bit of everything .. depends on my mood.  overall, is it durable? also i am using a rockboxed iPod 5.5g and temporarily, a bluebird u3.6 amp,a warm sounding amp. My bright sounding Lear FSM-01 is in for repair by a friend. :)

I have the Piano and use generic large silicone tips as the provided ones are slightly too small for me. I don't have the pro but hear it's very good. I guess it depends on what kind of sound signature you prefer. As far as I know the Pro is a bit more neutral whereas the Piano is fairly neutral with a slight bass boost. The build quality of the Piano is very good and durable. It's really comfortable and has good clarity.

May 10, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #130 of 1,026

I have and love both. Both are great build quality, I've used both for running. The Piano is slightly more bright, clear-clean V sounding, the Pro is more warm mid-forward (relatively) and balanced. I think if most people tried both, opinions would be about 50/50. Or maybe 60/40 in favor of the Pro.

May 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #131 of 1,026
jedipodpilot just finished listening to my hard&heavy playlist and the Pianos do a great job with this type of music (Sepultura, Fear Factory, Pantera etc), I don't have the Pros (but would like to try them :)) but from what I read before buying them the Painos are a bit bassier.

May 11, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #133 of 1,026
So what about Tennmaks highend stuff? I cant link from my phone but they have specs on par with SE846 .. anyone here have them?

I've just been on the Tenmak Technology store page and can't see any highend stuff from them? The only Tenmak earphones I know of are Banjo, Porcelain, Piano, Pro, DIY I80 and Dulcumer?

May 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #134 of 1,026
I've just been on the Tenmak Technology store page and can't see any highend stuff from them? The only Tenmak earphones I know of are Banjo, Porcelain, Piano, Pro, DIY I80 and Dulcumer?

Got my wires crossed between Tingker and Tennmak , still they look promising! :

New Tingker T300 Three Balanced Armature HIFI In Ear Earphones Headphone Honeycomb Headset With MMCX Cable As SE846 Weston IEMs

May 11, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #135 of 1,026
@carlton @Tom.H @crabdog

I see so piano is bassier, I think I will go and try the Pro maybe around next month. all I have is a VE Monk.. Monk Plus coming soon. But I have tried and tested a lot of headphones at a local shop here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back