Tennmak
Sep 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #451 of 1,026

crabdog

Headphoneus Supremus
I had the old cable (even 2:smiley:) and now the new one, can't compare them as I damaged the previous ones but I would say the new cable is, firstly, of a better build quality and SQ is definitely better, fuller, better bass, warmer signature

Crabie can you say 4in1 is an upgrade to Pianos? I am thinking about 4in1 or kz zst now :smiley:

If I could take bass and sub-bass from the Piano and mix with the mids and highs of the 4in1.....haha

I'm happy that I have both and if people start saying good things about the zst I'll probably end up getting that as well. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #452 of 1,026

To.M

500+ Head-Fier
If I could take bass and sub-bass from the Piano and mix with the mids and highs of the 4in1.....haha

I'm happy that I have both and if people start saying good things about the zst I'll probably end up getting that as well. :D

it looks like there is a market niche you could fill in with your line of iems :smiley: and you could count me in as the first customer :smiley:

ok, I saw kz zst, no mic, for 13,50usd plus 1usd coupon from the seller so there was no choice for me but to click BUY... :smiley:

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #454 of 1,026

squallkiercosa

Headphoneus Supremus
My experience with chinese silver plated cables wasn't great, I bought a silver cable from a supplier who can't be named and he sent the wrong type. As the cable was no use I decided to change the connectors. When I looked at the cable the silver bits just covered a tiny normal copper cable inside. The inner cable was enamelled so the silver bits didn't really contribute to the signal.

I'm not saying that the Tennmak cable is the same but I wouldn't get hung up on the silver plating aspect.

There's a reason why they offer silver plated cables: current flows more on the surface of the conductor due to resistance. Check skin-effect

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #455 of 1,026

toddy0191

500+ Head-Fier
The Tennmak Pro has one AWESOME soundstage. It's a lot of fun to listen to. I like to EQ for bit more treble response... then it sounds great. might try the Dulcimer next... or the **** 4in1... hmmm?!?!?

Xe800 very similar signature to the pro with less bass and a bargain at 18 bucks on aliexpress.

The 4in1s are great but can be a little harsh in the highs.

Or you could wait until Friday and tenmak are releasing 2 new phones according tony at tenmak.

The pros are my favorite iem at the moment though by a long way too.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #456 of 1,026

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Nice little tidbit of info there.
popcorn.gif

Any more about what the two might be?

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #458 of 1,026

harry501501

1000+ Head-Fier
Xe800 very similar signature to the pro with less bass and a bargain at 18 bucks on aliexpress.

The 4in1s are great but can be a little harsh in the highs.

Or you could wait until Friday and tenmak are releasing 2 new phones according tony at tenmak.

The pros are my favorite iem at the moment though by a long way too.

Interesting, will look into that. yeah, the Pros keep getting better. The DAC I use is quite neutral to bright and perfectly compliments the Pro, pushes more air in and soundstage sounds even better, also takes some of the thickness out and improves the treble response.

I've spoiled myself recently... got myself some great budget gems. the fact i haven't used my Dunu DN1000 or RHA T20 in weeks says something!!!

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #460 of 1,026

Vidal

Member of the Trade: Asian Provocative Ear
There's a reason why they offer silver plated cables: current flows more on the surface of the conductor due to resistance. Check skin-effect

Well aware of the skin effect, although personally I don't really believe it's much more than pseudo-science in reality.

What I meant whilst there was silver coloured wires visible through the semi-translucent insulation. In reality they weren't actually carrying any signal as within the silver cable was a enamel insulated copper (not plated) cable. Only the copper cable was connected to the plug/connectors the silver cable was just for show, to fool you into thinking it was a silver plated cable.

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #461 of 1,026

squallkiercosa

Headphoneus Supremus

Well aware of the skin effect, although personally I don't really believe it's much more than pseudo-science in reality.

What I meant whilst there was silver coloured wires visible through the semi-translucent insulation. In reality they weren't actually carrying any signal as within the silver cable was a enamel insulated copper (not plated) cable. Only the copper cable was connected to the plug/connectors the silver cable was just for show, to fool you into thinking it was a silver plated cable.

???????
Skin-effect pseudo-science? Seriously?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_effect

The problem with people selling snake oil is that eventually there's one of two that will spend a lot of money in the process. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #462 of 1,026

harry501501

1000+ Head-Fier
Really loving the Tennmak Pros. Been comparing them against some of my more expensive sets and they come out tops every time. if they just tweaked these very slightly they could be a real player! They just lack some finesse of the bigger brands. looking forward to trying the new sets they're bringing out... any ideas when?

Preferring it to

Dunu Titan 1
Yamaha EPH-100
Dunu DN 1000
RHA M750
Havi Pro B3 1

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #463 of 1,026

Raboo

New Head-Fier
  Really loving the Tennmak Pros. Been comparing them against some of my more expensive sets and they come out tops every time. if they just tweaked these very slightly they could be a real player! They just lack some finesse of the bigger brands. looking forward to trying the new sets they're bringing out... any ideas when?

Preferring it to

Dunu Titan 1
Yamaha EPH-100
Dunu DN 1000
RHA M750
Havi Pro B3 1

Someone in an earlier post said they will be out on September 30th. I am also looking forward to what they come out with.

Users who are viewing this thread